3CX Bridge Limits

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mase2hot, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mase2hot

Hi,

We currently have 2 offices conencted via a birdge. We want to now connect a thrid office to this. Is this possible? And will all be able to transfer calls to each other?

Thanks

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

3CX can be bridged to many PBX's depending on the bandwith you have. To connect another PBX simply create a new connection on the master, and connect the slave to it. Same procedure as the initial one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfourtillan

Hello,
    (sorry for my english..I'm french)
    I am in the same case : a third site to connect.

I found the documentation very light concerning the bridges.

Several answers could help me :
    - is it possible on the site 1 to create 2 bridges Master Tunnel (for site 2 and 3) ?
    - concerning the port between the sites could you confirm my configuration (exemple) :
    SITE 1 : bridge_S1-S2 Master TCP 5090 and 5081 ; bridge_S1_S3 Master TCP 5090 and 5082
    SITE 2 : bridge_S2-S1 Slave TCP 5090 and 5081 ; bridge_S2-S3 Master TCP 5090 and 5083
    SITE 3 : bridge_S3-S1 Slave TCP 5090 and 5082 ; bridge_S3-S2 Slave TCP 5090 and 5083
    I must use 5090 for all bridges ? and only change 508X ?
    is-it working with v8 ?

it's working with the bridge between 2 sites
    when I try to add the 2nd bridge, after "apply" and reboot of "SIP/TUN service", the first is not working ! and the 2nd too !
    The firewall is correctly configured, and I don't understand why the existing bridge is corrupted after just adding a new bridge...conflict of port ?

Could you help me please.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

HI,

TO create 2 bridges, you may create two masters on the master server or 3 or 4, depending on how you want it. The ports you are mentioning are internal ports. 5090 is the port they come in from it is your tunnel port, you can only change you tunnel port to another port you cannot have multiple. Internally The pbx will bind on ports 5081 .... 5099 and so forth. There is no reason why a bridge should go down when you create a new bridge.

By any chance do you have support contract so I may review your configuration?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mfourtillan

No we don't have support contract.

I'm not sur to understand your answer :
    ok for local port (508X).
    concerning port 5090 :
    1) for the tunneling I have configured first the global tunneling with port 5090 (for remote phone for exemple) in the general settings.

2) if I create 2 master bridges, concerning the tunneling port for bridge 1 and 2, I must :
    - configure 5090 for the 2 brigdes ?
    - or configure 5091 and 5092 ?

3) on the firewall, I have only to open the ports 509X for the bridges (in/out) ? or I must open the 508X too ?

4) for the bridge, what is the recommandation ? DIRECT bridge or TUNNELLING bridge. To have the more performant bridge and the best quality.

regard's

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Create 1 bridge on one side, then create another bridge on the other side. The management console interface will assist you with the configuration and increment the local ports for you. Work 1 here, and 1 there. 1 master here - then 1 slave there.

do not let the ports confuse you. if you have a tunnel connection, you need to open 5090 tcp and udp. Thats it. You can have 20 tunnels. just 5090.

For bridges, you need to open 5060 (that you already open for sip) and the external port ranges which is by default 9000-9049 (which should be already open if you use voip providers)

Performance - Bridges are faster and more performant of course. YOu have a lesser tunneling layer. On the other hand with bridges you might have audio issues while with tunnel not. Performance can be reduced and optimized by selecting a lower bandwidth consuming codec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.