3CX Bridge question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

Is there a limit to the amount of bridges that can be configured? If customer has 5 locations and they want a system at each location for survivability can you bridge all 5 systems together?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

I do not know of any limit. 5 would definitely be doable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netswork

netswork Active Member

Thanks for your reply...so in my situation with 5 locations, would you bridge every location to each other or bridge all remotes to a central system in a hub and spoke setup? I am guessing for each location that wants to be able to call each other by extension you need a separate bridge?

4. willow

willow Member

It probably depends on how your data network is? If it is a meshed network then I would build all or most of the major links. If you have point to points as a hub and spoke for the data network then I would build that way. If you are using straight internet then I would build it as a mesh.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You may create direct bridges between locations (a little more complicated dial-plan / outbound rules) and as a second priority - a trunk via "central" location (head office, etc.). When creating dial-plans it is better to rely on unique extension number site wide. 3CX always try to find the dialed number as local extension number and afterwords checks the outbound rules for first match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.