• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Bridge to UCM SIP Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clement

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,
I had created a bridge between 3CX and UCM. I can receive inbound call from UCM to 3CX Extension without issues. But call from 3CX via bridge always create multiple calls (Shown in Call Log) thus causing License Limit reached. If I switch the bridge mode to SIP Trunk then it will be working as normal.

Thanks

So...in the logs, does it show a reason for multiple calls? Is it 3CX placing multiple calls, or calls coming back in? If the latter is the case, is the called number being interpreted as something to be routed back out to the 3CX PBX?

I had try to attach a prefix of 001 for the 3CX bridge outbound call. The logs show the call attempted as follow
From Extension: 1003
To: 81699871
1st Call - From : 1003 to 81699871
2nd Call - From : 0011003 to 81699871
3rd Call - From : 0010011003 to 81699871
4th Call - From : 0010010011003 to 81699871

Wonder why is the prefix are attaching to the extension and making so many attempt ?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the prefix you chose, could be confused with an international call prefix, not knowing how you have any other routing (outbound rules?), or options set. What happens if you choose a bridge routing prefix of "5", for example, just as a test. Does it still do the same thing?

Hi,

I changed the prefix to 5, yes is still the same result. Refer to the attached screen shot. Fyi, I had just make a single call, i got the license limits voice prompt as I'm only has 4 channel.

upload_2017-10-13_1-16-59.png

I guess the question is, why isn't the call going through on the first attempt? What is the failure (rejection message) that causes it to be reattempted, where the outbound caller ID is picking up additional digits each time around?

Does the 3CX log show the call router to the proper trunk group, and if so, is there a SIP message from the IP of the other PBX? Are there logs on the other PBX that can be examined? Does it see an incoming call? Is there an error message?

Last edited:
Reactions: Clement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.