3CX Bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jarno, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarno

We have a two 3CX v10 machine in 2 offices (connected with a permanent VPN).

3CX LOCATION 1
    different extensions but not the same like in location 2.

3CX LOCATION 2
    ext 15-25

I want to be able to call from location 1 to the extension 20 in the other office (and vice versa)
    Outbound calls from location 2 through location 1.
    IVR in location 1 with an option for location 2

Is that possible using the bridge?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't see why not. You will have to create outbound rules to point calls to the Bridge trunk. this may involve the use of a prefix digit, that can be stripped before sending the digits out. At the far end they should be treated as if dialled by a local extension.

3. Jarno

Hello,

I did some test with the outbound rule. Seems that 3CX first looks in his own extensions before using outbound rules.

So I made a outbound rule to the bridge for 2 digits and that works.

The only issue I have is when an external call is received through an IVR I cannot forward the call to the other location.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This might be where a unique prefix digit will, perhaps, help. If, for example, the digit 5, were not used for any local extensions, and you wanted to reach extension 21 on the other PBX, you could dial 521, strip the 5 and send the 21. If you find that the IVR will not send a call to the prefix+ extension, then send it to a local "dummy" extension (extension programmed but with no set registered), that is permanently forwarded to the digits required to reach an extension on the other PBX.

5. Jarno

I used the mobile number on a extension with a unique extension to forward through the brigde and that works.
    But the caller ID on the remote PBX is the telephone number (external) from the original PBX.

I know you can change these settings on the output parameters on the PSTN devices but I need to change them on the brigde, which is not possible..

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just so I'm clear (and anyone else that may have a solution for you)....at the receiving phone, what number shows up, the original callers PSTN number? If that is the case, that is what most people want to happen.

Is your set-up...External caller->local 3CX ext-> forward over bridge to Ext#?-> forward to mobile?

7. Jarno

No, the number is from our PBX PSTN line and not the callers PSTN number.

The 'problem' is that I cannot forward the call to the other PBX through an extension # of that second PBX, so I use this given method:

then send it to a local "dummy" extension (extension programmed but with no set registered), that is permanently forwarded to the digits required to reach an extension on the other PBX.

So this is my setup:

External Caller
    -> PBX A
    -> PBX A dummy extension with mobile number (an unique 2 digit number that exists on PBX 2)
    -> forward on brigde to that unique extension
    -> the call number is the PSTN number of PBX 1

8. Jarno

I did some further test. When the dummy extension is in a queue I receive the correct PSTN number.
    When I directly dial the dummy extension or use a IVR it's our own PSTN number

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Odd...I can't think of a reason for that difference in behaviour, perhaps you've stumbled upon a bug??
    I'm going to assume that it is picking up the PSTN number from the trunk programming in 3CX.

Perhaps someone from 3CX could enlighten up on why this would happen, or others, have seen the same thing.

10. Jarno

Did some further testing and couldn't find why it works in the queue and not in the IVR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.