• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixig

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

there are two 3cx which will be connected with vpn. One of them is v10 and the another one is v11. Can 3cx bridge work with 3cx servers on different version? Or they must be both on v11? Presence Information features in my phone from remote PBX which is in v11 is not important for this setup (at this moment). If they can be on different versions is there any issues?

Thanks

These are going to be connected using VPN (so, essentially the same network?), and then using the Bridge?

There should not be any major issues (calls not going through) with regards to bridging two different versions. I'm sure that all users with multiple locations will not be upgrading all sites at the same time, so it has to be designed to work with older versions. It is all SIP compliant, after all.

I seem to recall seeing some posts, questioning differences, in version 11 (receiving end?), in the way (format) that caller ID , over a bridge shows up, but, I may me mistaken.

leejor said:
I seem to recall seeing some posts, questioning differences, in version 11 (receiving end?), in the way (format) that caller ID , over a bridge shows up, but, I may me mistaken.

Hi,
I read about that too, that is the reason why i asked this.... we shall see how this will be working. Locations will be connected with Mikrotik one both ends and PPTP tunnel will be connecting that two sides (each 3cx will have own sip trunk, only local calls will be passing through PPTP/3cx bridge). I hope everything will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.