• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx build 4393 - 3cxMediaServer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecanuck31

Reaction score
I was running build 4128 on a WinXP Pro machine and the system worked without any problems. I recently got hold of a Windows Vista HOME Premium machine (edit by 3CX - not supported by 3Cx, Pro is required) and decided that I wanted to move the PBX over to that machine. I am able to install both builds, 4128 and 4393, (I tried the old build to see if the I was having the same problem after uninstalling the new build which is the case). The system appears to work and I can add extensions and make calls with either of the two builds.

My concern is that after the install on the Vista HOME Premium machine (edit by 3CX - not supported by 3Cx, Pro is required) box, the 3cxMediaServer service becomes a CPU hog averaging 60+ percent of the CPU continuously. The memory is controlled fluctuating between 20 and 50 MB. The memory is not my concern. The 3cxMediaServer service does not exhibit this behavior on the WinXP machine. The high CPU usage does not seem to affect other programs but does cause the "Line Status" and "Server Status" pages with the 3cx web interface to load and refresh extremely slow. We're talking 2+ minutes for those screens to refresh. The other features like "General Settings", "Add/Manage extensions" ,"Add VOIP Provider" all work at regular speed. None of the other 3cx services are acting up. Just the MediaServer service.

The windows vista machine is

Vista SP1
2.4 AMD 512K L2 Cache
1 GB DDR2 Ram
160 GB STAII HD with 70% free space

What I'm left with is a working system that uses too much CPU. I can't have my box ticking away like that when there isn't even a registered device. Is this normal? Anyone else having this problem on Vista?

Other things
I do have Skype installed
I do have ORB server installed
I do have 3cx Soft phone installed.

Any suggestions?

Okay, so I uninstalled everything, rebooted twice, and made sure there were no visible sings on any left over registry settings. I then reinstalled the program to a new directory with the same problem.

See attachments. Once the media server service is stopped all resources are let go and system idle occupies 99% of the cpu. All other 3cx services are acting normal. It's only when media server is started that all cpu usage is taken by that service and held onto indefinitely.

I tried this with both my computer connected to the network and with the computer not connected. Same results. I also stopped all other servers (ORB) that were running, with no noticeable change. This was done with no devices setup and not devices registered.

Any thoughts? Could McAfee being causing problems?

We have tested with Vista PRO and it works fine.

Please note you are using a Home edition. The home edition is not supported. We believe this might be the problem. In any case are you running SP1 by any chance? We have not yet tested with SP 1 either. It was released only very recently. We are going to do that test today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.