• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Call Assistant times

Status
Not open for further replies.

daves

Reaction score
Greetings.

I have installed 3CX on a few different computers and also installed the Call Assistant.

I have noticed in each case that ithe Call Assistants call history log time for the calls is out by 1 hour, compared to the actual 3CX logs and the actual time of the computers.

Can anyone else confirm this is the case for them?

Thanks

Is there a setting in the 3CX call manager to change the time zone?

For all the time settings you can assume that the OS is dominant.

So if the 3cx server has a different time than the PC where the call assistant runs on you will find a different date and time stamp.

I make the assumption that your Call Assistant is not on the same computer as the 3CX software.

Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping others could check and compare this on their systems.

I'm in New Zealand and I don't know if this is peculiar to our time zone.

The times on all computers, with this on, I have checked, to ensure the times are correct and the same. Also in one case I have installed the CA on the same computer as the actual 3CX phone system, with the same result -

eg If I make a call at say 10am, the 3CX system logs show it as being made at 10am, the 3CX call reports show it at 10am, but the CA shows the call as being made at 9am. As I said, this is even when the 3CX system and CA are installed on the same computer.

I have had a look around in the various 3CX folders, to see if I could find any setting for this, but have found nothing.

Therefore it would be great if others could check thier times and let me know if this is only me with the problem.

Cheers.

Have you checked your phone has that the same time?

My 3cx logs and CA are same time stamp.

My 3CX Server PC's time is about 19 minutes behind the real world, runs on Win2K Server and I never bothered to see if there is an option for self sync like XP, I don't think there is. When I make calls from my laptop which has correct time, my softphone shows logs with correct times and 3CX CA shows logs with Server times (19 minutes off). So definitely 3CX PBX gets time from OS and also Call Assistant logs display Server time.

To configure the time for your Windows 2000 box (and al of your boxes should be synced) you can do the following.

(Default warning applies!!! regedit can kill you box!!)

Open HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

ntpserver: string: ntp-server in name or IP
type: change to ntp

then restart the service and see your eventlog. It should say receiving the correct time from : ntp server in name or IP.

Niels

Greetings,

I have been having a play and comparing the times in the 3CX system with the times in the Call Assistant. What I have found is that if I go to the "Date and Time Properties" on the 3CX Phone System computer and uncheck the "Automatically adjust for daylight saving" , the CA call history times are correct and are the same. This would sugest that the actual 3CX Phone System and CA get their times two different ways.

Can anyone else try this out please?

Cheers

DaveS
New Zealand

I have done more testing with the CA call history log times and have found the following -

When in New Zealand standard the CA call history log times are 1 hour out.

When in New Zealand Daylight Saving the CA call history log times are correct.

So there still seem to be some issue with CA log times. It may only be something with the New Zealand timezone only though.

I'm thinking this may be in the PHP timezone info, but I can't figure it cos the CA php file in 3CX is encoded with phpSHIELD.

DaveS
New Zealand

You don't need regedit to setup the NTP server in 2000 or 2003. Command line can do it all for you easily.

You can also use a free program like Atomic Clock (google search for it). It's can sync daily with any NTP server.

Set your desktops to sync to your server with this command:
net time \\servername /set /y

Hi

I have encountered this problem now as we in the UK have just gone back to GMT from BST, and now my times in Call Assistant are an hour behind.

I have checked that the timezones are correct on both the server and the PC that Call Assistant is running on.

I have also tried adding a timezone to the setting in php.ini and restarted the server and this also doesn't make any difference, does anyone have any idea's on how to fix this problem ?

Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.