3CX Call Assistant v9 for Terminal Services, Outlook 2010

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ccochran, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccochran

We are scheduled to go live on 3CX in approximately 30 days. About 95% of my users are terminal users (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise) using Office 2010 (64-bit). I need a 3CX Call Assistant that can handle both Terminal Services and Office 2010. I realize that the 64-bit build of Office might be a bit more work to support so I'm willing to downgrade (??) to Office 2010 32-bit in order to reduce the amount of work and/or testing required to get a 3CX solution operational.

I'd like to use v9 (release version) but I must have support for both Terminal Services and Office 2010 (32 or 64-bit). I am willing to try pre-release builds and provide the feedback necessary to refine the product for release.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

We are working hard on the outlook addon. The terminal services build at the moment is not yet ready.

I suggest the following:

remain on v8 for now and go to outlook 2010 64 bit if you wish. Then install the v8 terminal services assistant version WITHOUT CRM.
    Around September we will release the terminal services assistant installer which you can use on v9 and by that time outlook 2010 will be released and much improved.

Outlook 2010 is still new and we are working on it. They changed VSTO and is completely different than previous 2003 and 2007. However both are going to be released for sure. Your main concern is to work in a stable scenario on the platform you want to use until we release both components. Then you can upgrade.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. matictec

matictec New Member

Please think about roaming profiles for terminal server assistant. This would make assistant useable for bigger companies that use terminal services in a server farm scenario. we opened a ticket for one our costumers a longer time ago.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.