3CX Call Assistant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brianp, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianp

Okay, we upgraded to the v7.1 phone System. As part of the upgrade we now have to use the slimmed down version of the 3CX VoIP phone due to TUNNEL requrements. We really liked the old phone because it included built-in presence and call queue registration. All my phone users connect externally (outside the LAN) and we all use the TUNNEL connection.

It's my understanding that presence and call queue support is included in the new 3CX Assistant since the new phone doesn't include that capability anymore.

My Question:

I can't get the 3CX Assistant to connect for external users. I've opened port 5487 on the Firewall fronting the 3CX Phone system server. Are other ports required? Am i missing something? I really need this for the presence, but more importantly for my users to be able to manage their call Queues.

Thanks in advance. :shock:

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello.

if you use 3cx tunnel, it's the 5090 which must open.

for the client you can use the old version. it's work good, while 3cx programmers don't published the new version.

do you have log files to see problem ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brianp

So you're saying I can configure the 3CX Assistant to use TUNNEL? How? I already have port 5090 open for the 3CX VoIP Phone which works good.

4. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

ok sorry i had a mystake.

i tried in on of my system and i have the same problem. 3cx don't see the assistant. the assistant arrive to my router but the 3cx server can't see assistant :| ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.