3CX Call Center - automatically change "Max Callers"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by comnia, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comnia

Hello together,

a customer needs the following feature:

Is it possible to change the amount "max Caller" depending on the availablye (logged on) agents?
    So if 10 Agents are available the amount for max. callers also should be "5".

Do you see possibilities with the VAD?
    If not, is there another API?

Thanks a lot in advance

2. comnia

Waht i meant was:
    So if 10 Agents are available the amount for max. callers also should be "10".

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not aware of any such feature as you gave described. I gather the request is related to a queue given the agent reference. While I understand what the request is and I sort of follow the logic, it seems that the request really defeats the purpose of the queue.

Unlike a ring group where the call is routed to a predefined set of members and if no one answers the call it is routed to the final point; the queue is designed to place callers in a holding pattern until such time as an agent becomes available. By always setting the max callers in the queue to be equal to the number of available agents, there really isn't a queue.

However, the queue has other features that the ring group does not possess, so perhaps the queue functionality is still needed.

You could submit a feature request and if enough votes are given in its favor, perhaps 3CX will implement.
    I guess the argument could be made to always have the max caller in the queue set to be less than the lowest number of agents ever made available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.