3CX Call Clarity Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aslampa, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aslampa

During our Live call with customers it is noted that there is no audio for a few seconds in between especially long calls. We are using 3CX v15 with Patton 4114 Gateway. Could you please advise what could be the problem and how we can rectify the same.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Please elaborate, "no audio for a few seconds in between especially long calls", means what exactly?

No audio at the beginning of a call, during a call? What is considered an especially long call? Does this only happen when the call reaches a certain point in time? One "drop out" or multiple? What type of sets are involved? Did this just begin when you went to Version 15, or has it always been this way? What Codecs do you use? Do all calls with this issue come through the gateway? Any issues with internal calls?

3. aslampa

Its happening during the call after certain point in time. We can say it is one drop out mainly on external calls. I this this started after 3cx update. How do I confirm Which Codec I use. On ext status it is PCMU. Not all calls, noticed on long duration calls

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How long into the call(s) does this happen? At the same point in time, each time it happens? How long does the audio drop out? One direction, or both? We there any physical changes made to your network, a new switch?

If you use PCMU throughout, then it may not be a Codec issue.

You say "mainly" on external calls, does this mean it also happens, on occasion, on internals calls? if so, are they an "especially long" call?
    If this is happening internally, it probably eliminates the gateway, as the cause.

You didn't explain what an your definition of an "especially long call" was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.