3CX Call forwarding - Can I reroute VM to original ext VM?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sasiki, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

I'll set up the scenario first. A user is out for the day so she forwards her phone to a different extension. A call comes in to her extension, forwards to the other user and the other user is away from their desk resulting in the forwarding target's voicemail picking up.

Our old Nortel PBX would put the caller in the original destination's voicemail box. 3CX puts the caller in the forwarding target's voicemail.

Is there a way to have the call bounce back to the original destination's voicemail box?

2. positron

Re: 3CX Call forwarding - Can I reroute VM to original ext V

There isn't a setting for the system which would change the behavior to do what you want, but you can do it on a case-by-case basis.

Create a new Ring Group extension and assign the forwarding recipient as the only member. Set the rules for the ring group to forward on no answer to the original extension's voice mail. The user can then forward their calls to the ring group extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sasiki

Re: 3CX Call forwarding - Can I reroute VM to original ext V

Thank you. That should work. I will go ahead and set up the few common forwards where this is an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.