• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Call Recordins Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukasz_press

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about call recording location. I want to recordings of each month were placed into a separate folder becouse it's easier for me to devide them and storage on dvd's later. For example: in august I set recording path to: Z:\8 and now in september I want to set location to Z:\9 but there is a problem when I want to PLAY records form Call Statistics Report. I can play only records form actualy set folder Z:\9, records saved in Z:\8 won't play. Can anybody tell me how I can solve this ?

Write windows scripts based on the file create date.

Command FORFILES can be useful in your date oriented script.

Allen

The software doesn't work trying to play recordings from other stored locations other than the recordings path specified from within the software. I've been through this with 3CX Support and it's something of a limitation within the database or something. It's a proper PITA as one of my clients needs to keep 7 years worth of recordings, so this means that 7 year worth of recordings need to be stored in the same location> :evil:
As mentioned here in a previous post by me:-

http://www.3cx.com/forums/web-reports-error-40729.html

I was waiting on the new V14 to see if it's been rectified or not?? My issue was using the Abyss webserver, I haven't tested it to see if MS IIS produces the same error.

Let me know if you get it solved..

Here's a 3rd party tool for working with Call Recordings, if that helps either of you guys.

Allen

http://voiptoys.com/3cx-recording-manager-by-voiptoys

Thanks for help as bardissi suggested I wrote a script that work fine for me. When I want to devide recordings by months and burn them on dvd i use .bat file that looks like:
Code:
robocopy X:\ C:\JULY /MOVE /S /MINAGE:20150801 /XD "$RECYCLE.BIN" /XD "System Volume Information"
where: X:\ is drive where I stores 3cx records, C:\JULY, destination folder for recordings form month July. MINAGE set date you want to move records older than..
Maybe it will help somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.