• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Call Reporter crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianp

Customer
Reaction score
Whenever i try and run a report I get the following error:

"The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDcoument' threw and exception."

Anyone know what the deal is? I get this error even after performing a clean install of the OS and Phone system. The Call Reporter has never worked. Please help!

Config:
-Window Server 2003 32bit (SP2)
-All other windows update installed
-3CX Phone System 7.1.7139

Please log a support request in our support portal. The reporter should work fine - its leveraging Crystal reports.

I have exactly the same problem on Windows SBS 2008 of my customer. Strange...

bump bump. anybody outside of 3CX have suggestions? any help would be much appreciated!

same problem on Window XP Pro.

Hi

We´re experience the same problem. We open a ticket support and they said me the next. My problem is not solved.

Hi

What OS is 3CX installed on?

Do you have Crystal reports installed on this machine? if so you must uninstall it.

This is an Issue coming from Crystal reports and Business objects. There might be traces of some of their components in the system and conflicting with each other.

The best thing to do is the following.

Uninstall 3CX (Make a full backup using the 3CX backup/restore tool before installing)

Check 3CX with the 3CX installation checker (http://www.3cx.com/support/installation-checker.html).

Go to GAC, C:/Windows/ Assembly - Confirm that you do not have any assemblies with Crystal decisions. If there are delete them. There should be 13.
If you cannot delete them then you have to go in the registry and delete them manually. There should be 13 assemblies in the Global Assembly cache

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\Global Find Business objects or crystal decisions. On some OS they are represented differently. If you have any trouble let me know and we will make a remote session.

Go to program files and confirm that there are no folders with Business objects/crystal reports.
Also go to documents and settings or application data and search there for a Business objects folder. Delete anything you find. (Given you do not use this component for something else.)

If you have windows server 2003 I suggest that you upgrade your .NET version and install Microsoft.NET Frameworek 3.5 From our experience it seems that .net components work better on Windows server 2003 that have 3.5 installed as opposed to those having Framework version 2 so it is better if you do this.

Restart the machine and then install 3cx phonesystem again from scratch.

regards

Hi,

--------------------------------------------------------
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems
--------------------------------------------------------

Where can i find this file ?

Thanks.

2 jm09:
Thank you. This problem solved on my 3CX on Windows SBS 2008.

Ok,

With copy and paste i can download the file.

Tomorrow tell you if it solve my problem.

Thanks.

Hi

1 .- But when I try to install this file, it reports that I can´t install it because display an alert that said :

"The system administrator configure a policy that not permit this installation. "

I´m the administrator and I was not configure any policy of this type.

2.- I unistall framework and i installed .Net framework 3.5. The problem persists.

Any idea ?

Hi JimmyC,

Thanks a lot for this link. It´s solved my problem. I was looking in all policies and not found the problem. Now the reports works perfectly.

In a ticket support, teh technicians told to me the next :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

There must be some Group Policy or security settings on your machine/s that does not allow the installation in question.

Unfortunately this woudl be outside the scope of 3CX support as the install element will need to be sorted first before we can proceed.
Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that this is not a problem of 3CX. It´s a Crystal Reports problem, but he first link of jm09 doesn´t works.

Thank you very much. We need people like you.

Best regards.

JimmyC. Thanks, that fixed my problem too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.