3cx calling from outside of network

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by timisdeman, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timisdeman

Hello.

For school i am doing a project with VoIP. Doing this i came to 3cx, because its very easy to use and manage. After working with it for a bit, i got everything working in my local network. I could call with everyone in the network and it seemed to work fine. After that i wanted to make it possible for people to call from outside of the network to the inside. This is were my problem popped up.

When i was trying to connect with my phone from the outside it said it in the server logs ''WAN IP Blocked''. This was easily solved by going to the extensions properties and removing ''Disallow use of extension outside the LAN''. After that i tried reconnecting with my phone, but now i had a different error. It said on the phone ''Out of office request timed out''. At this point there was also nothing in the server logs about the connecting, when before it said ''WAN IP blocked''.

I'm using the 3cx App on my iPad/iPhone to create the connection. The firewall checker tells me all the ports are open and that everything should be fine. I've also portforwarded everything in my router correctly. Saying this i guessed it should totally work. Also on the internet i can't find anything for this problem except for the problem i had before.

Does anybody have any clue how to solve this, because i can't find it.

Any help on this would be amazing.

2. mlump

mlump New Member

First of all i would Install Wireshark if you haven't already and run a quick packet capture while your iPhone is trying to register. You will want to look and see if any of the SIP packets are making it to the server. If they are you should be better able to determine why your not registering based on the contents.

If your truly not receiving any SIP traffic from your iPhone then the question becomes whats blocking it. It is not uncommon for cellular providers to block SIP traffic inside of there network. If that's the case and you are using 3G to register I would give it a try with the 3CX Tunnel, instructions to be found here http://www.3cx.com/blog/3cxphone/iphone/3cxvoiptunnel/ (Note you will want to make sure your using the 3CXPhone app for the iPhone as the 3CXPhone 3 does not yet support the tunnel properly).

You might also want to try the SoftPhone for Windows from outside the network and see if the SIP packets from that make it to your 3CX server, again you will want to make sure your on a network without a SIP ALG or that blocks SIP when you attempt this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.