3CX - Can't update, dns fail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fred Garcia, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred Garcia

Hello,

I have a strange problem. My Debian can access to internet, I can update with apt-get update, The nslookup work (the ping is forbiden).

But, When a update is available on the 3CX, It's not work. I have this message "Unable to contact the 3CX update server. Please check your internet connection and try again".

I Can affirm my 3CX can access to Internet, or else all my users will knock ot my door ! My calls works perfectly (in and out.)

Regards,

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Try setting 8.8.8.8 as DNS for your server, should work with 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fred Garcia

I have tried it, but no success.
    I check the sources list. I think It's ok. I restarted the Nginx server. Same issue...

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Did you restart networking or the server after you put in 8.8.8.8 for nameserver?
    nginx has nothing to do with the 3CX update server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fred Garcia

Yes, I did it.
    I restarted all services.

So, With my responsable, we changed the interfaces files for fail over, restarted the services and It's work now. It's very strange...
    I modified the apt sources files in /etc/apt/sources.list, because the files was empty.

It's a mistery...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.