In Progress 3CX Central Monitoring for Resellers

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by DocTechAZ, Feb 23, 2018.

In Progress 3CX Central Monitoring for Resellers 5 5 26votes
5/5, 26 votes

1. DocTechAZ

I have developed a system for internal uses that might be usefull for 3CX Resellers to centrally monitor, and have quick access to their customers 3cx systems.

It can monitor the ping times/latency to their 3CX Servers, as well as check for responses from the services, such as the web console on 5001, the SIP service on 5060, and the 3CX tunnel on 5090 from a central dashboard, and highlights yellow on a system if there is high latency, and red if there is a service down, or latency is over 150ms.

It has a builtin credential manager, so the admin username and password can be stored in it for each system if so desired, but is not a requirement. It also tracks who was the last person to access the admin console from the central panel, and when.

If there is interest in this system by others, i was planning to also add support for it to monitor CPU Load, RAM Usage, and Disk Usage as well.

One click launches a new window directly to the web console of the system in question.

There is also a connection tester, which can test all of the TCP ports, and also verify the MTU size for the internet connection the 3CX server is on is correct, which is usefull for DSL, and some Fiber/FIOS connections that run non-standard MTU sizes which if not known and configured for, can cause audio issues, and call drops randomly.

See Screenshots

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    bravad, lead3, Mike Hammett and 4 others like this.
  2. dredd0606

That's fantastic! Do you feel like sharing by any chance?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DocTechAZ

My plan, is if there is enough interest, to compile it into a OVA, a virtual appliance, and offer it for people to be able to deploy onto a hypervisor in their office. Its linux based not windows.

i was thinking to build the final release version on either Debian or CentOS minimal builds so the file size would be like a gig. It needs this because it inter-twines MySQL, Apache, PHP, some minor java, and bash shell scripting.

4. dredd0606

Well, I'm interested. Feel free to send a PM if you need testing.

5. the60

the60 New Member

Definitely interested!

6. THCO

Interested as well!

7. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Looks promising. Keep us posted.

8. sigma

Great - That's exactly something we're looking for since years.
    Appreciate to get a trial - thx

9. DocTechAZ

Heres a teaser of the status dashboard meant for our big wall TV display in our NOC.

Anything that goes offline, or generates a high latency pops up to the top highlighted in yellow or red.

Attached Files:

Nick Mancini likes this.
  10. DocTechAZ

It can actually monitor any TCP based service, so you can add anything with a web interface, or other tcp service. It uses an actual TCP Test Connection, doing a full handshake to see that the service is responding.

11. martin-interforce

Exactly we're looking for.
    Can i get a trial or more information how to build

12. Silly English Kniggit

Sounds like a great idea. Can I suggest ISO - not OVA though please. ISO will easily install to anything, OVA won't and making the VM itself takes under a minute.

I'd suggest Debian as it's what 3CX uses - so avoid the tech having to deal with any differences if they need to go and tinker with your solution.

13. DocTechAZ

Are you familiar with what an OVA is entirely? This system is not some simple application that can be installed, or uninstalled on a whim. This is a custom tailored virtual machine running linux. ISOs are just an image of a CD, OVAs are a combination of the Virtual machine settings, Hard Disk images, etc, in a pre-configured state that is ready to run. And can be imported easily into any VMware, ESXi, HyperV, and I believe Virtual Box also, Environment.

This is not something that can just be smashed into an ISO image so you can drop it into a CD drive or CD emulator and hit Next, Next, Next, Finish....

Im working on fine tuning, and polishing up a final version with a basic setup scenario, before i make it available.

14. Bryan Gottschalk

What is the current status of this project? I was getting on here to submit a request something like this to allow monitoring of a multi tenant system. We have our own data center hosting this and currently run a browsing tab in chrome that auto rotates between each client. I wish I had seen this so much sooner than now.

What is the cost of this? I have other questions based on the current revision you are running on this but I am very much interested. Is it possible to do a speed and jitter test from a prospective client with in this system by chance?

15. aws2p

Hello i requested 3cx support many time to have this kind of software, for now i''m using only lastpass account to almost save and use easily credentials for all 3cx i have to work with, i do the same for my router access.

16. DocTechAZ

Made good progress on the standalone version today. Its getting close to having a solid release candidate that will be easily transplanted into any virtual environment.

The goal is to even have a wizard so setting the IP of the vm, etc are all childs play.

17. dredd0606

Hey DocTechAZ, I can't wait to see this released. If you need a tester, feel free to message me.

18. GlenS

Wow - this looks awesome. I would love to try this out should you have something available for testing.

19. hogan71088

This looks great, watching with interest.

20. Mike Hammett

I'm definitely interested. The latency monitoring is less of an issue for me as all of the PBXes will be VMs in the same facility, but everything else sounds great.