3cx changes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

is there a way to notify me if someone changes settings on the 3cx system? Like change Outbound routing, Inbound routing, Call queue settings and etc.

Thanks

STASH

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

No but if thats a concern of yours you could restrict who you give the password to, therefore restricting who has access to the admin features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stash

stash New Member

Sir jpillow the scenario is this. I have a client i installed 3cx phone system. So i gave the access to the Network Admin of the company. and every time there is a problem i see that some of the configuration is changed. but if i ask the network admin he says that he didn't do anything. so i want to be notified by the system if someone will changes a setting on it.

Thanks,

STASH

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Stash although I know there are some instances when 3cx can send you and email settings---->general settings---->email notifications. I'm rather sure there is no way for and notification email because of changes being made to the system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Until multiple level admin passwords become a feature... I would go over the Network Admin's head, and explain the situation to the owner of the company. If problems are happening as a result of "someone" making unauthorised changes, then no one else should have access to the system. Document the problems/changes to back your request, that, for the time being, only you should have the password.

If the Network Admin argues that you may not be around when something goes wrong and that they have to fix something, then...change the password, write it down and seal it in an envelope, then give it to the boss/owner.

The next time the Network Admin feels that they have to make a change to something, they can explain what it is and ask the boss for the envelope.

6. E Kafeman

Really smart idea. I will have use for that envelope even without 3CX.
    Thanks.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well, if something goes wrong with the phones, after the boss gives the Admin Manager the envelope, then it becomes the bosses fault.

"Well, you gave it to him, and look what happened !"

Next time, he will think twice before handing it over.

8. stash

stash New Member

Sir leejor thanks nice idea. :D

9. expert1

here is what I recommend:

whenever you get done making a change in 3cx, make a backup using the 3cxbackup utility.
    Then, your default step for every single issue/complaint will be: do a restore, BEFORE worrying about troubleshooting.

If the restore fixes it you can prove a change was made without your consent, you can bring that to the boss's attention.

We've had to do things like this (router configs, etc) many times in consulting situations to avoid being blamed for someone else's changes. it's especially rewarding when we can send a bill each time for a restore back to 'our' supported config. If a client balks at bills and wants to reduce costs they can allow us to keep the admin password private (or in a sealed envelope) in their safe in case we get hit by a bus).

10. stash

stash New Member

sir expert1

this is a nice solution.hahaha but dont get hit by a bus.LOL

thanks,

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.