Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx changing password for yealink t20p web config page

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

Hi. I'm brand new and must be missing something simple, but I had 3cx automatically provision two yealink t20p phones and it seems to have changed the password for one so I can not log into that phone's web page. Both phones originally had user. Name/password combos of admin/admin, and when I provisioned I put in admin everywhere I saw password (and specified an id of admin as well). That worked for one phone but the other lost its password or username. Where am I going wrong?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Open the extension in 3cx and goto the phone provisioning tab.
    "Phone web page password"
    This is used for desktop CTI communication.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. asinshesq

Thanks, but I already have the 'phone web page password' in the 'phone provisioning' for that extension set to admin but for some reason I can't authenticate via that phone's web page. Is it possible that 3cx changed its username? I used 'admin' for id in the general 3cx page for that extension. Any other thoughts?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Try resetting to factory... I think if you hold down OK it gives option...

(I missed that you changed the admin password in the template... Got distracted I guess)

5. asinshesq

The first time I ran into this problem (earlier today) I lost both phone passwords so I reset to factory defaults via the ok button and was able to get in again, But then when I re-provisioned in 3cx, one stayed fine but the other got messed up again. Seems like there must be a trick here...any chance that using the same username and password for both extensions confuses things? Some other trick?

6. asinshesq

I went ahead and did a factory reset a second time and then re-provisioned the phone again and this time it worked right. Not sure what I did wrong before but it's working now. Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.