3cx channel upgrade cost

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanketgroup, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanketgroup

Hi
    if i buy 16 channel license now and later if i want to upgrade it to 32 channel, what would be the cost to upgrade the channel?

i tried to find information but could not find on web.
    is it possible to buy channel upgrade package online?

Thanx

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

My original post was incorrect, so I have edited it -

The cost will be dependent on several factors. The first factor is the timing.

In order to upgrade you have two options. You can buy the necessary insurance which then allows for a somewhat reduced cost when buying the 32 call package or you can simply wait and buy it at the then list price. You can find costing here:
    http://www.3cx.com/ordering/upgrades/

There is only one type of insurance (this is where I erred earlier). This "upgrade insurance" keeps your existing edition up-to-date with service packs and other updates that may be issued from time to time and this also includes version upgrades, which is about to happen with V12 coming. When you first purchase a package, a year of upgrade insurance is included in the initial price.

The timing still comes into play as to upgrading Editions. You must on the latest version of the software at the time of the desired upgrade. In other words and assuming you allowed the upgrade insurance to lapse, you are not eligible to upgrade from V8 16SC to V11 32SC. If you had the insurance all that time, you could then upgrade your V8 to V9 and then from V9 to V10 and finally from V10 to V11 (am uncertain if you can skip generations; hence the reason I went from Version to Version to be safe) whereupon you could then move from V11 16 call to V11 32 call. In the event your scenario involved a lapsed insurance, you could also buy the version upgrade packages to get you to the latest Version so you could update.

Finally, you then need to consider the insurance and any support contracts that were with the old Edition as these will be pro-rated as indicated in the earlier link.

The pricing is such that you need to think about the future now rather than later. My assumption and opinion on the matter is that they are in the business to make money and have priced their product accordingly such that if there is any doubt and given how long a commitment one will have to the system, they want to steer you to the larger package....now.

3. sanketgroup

The second insurance, which you said is the "Edition upgrade insurance " which is what allows for the purchase of the "next one up" edition at a reduced cost.

Is this insurance or direct upgrade? what is the part number and where i can find the rates.
    I went to " http://www.3cx.com/ordering/upgrades/ " but it does not say insurance, and says direct upgrade.
    i saw "3CXCCPROTOENT - Professional Edition 16SC with Call Center Module Upgrade to Enterprise 32SC". Is it same what you talking about? because its not seems to insurance.

its weird that upgrade cost is almost same as buying new license. Generally, it should be the difference of 16 and 32 channel's new price.
    like, 16 channel costs $1750 and 32 channel costs $2650. So for existing user who wants to upgrade the channel, 3cx shall charge $900 or some more. (which is difference between two edition)
    But here they are charging $1775 which is too high.

Let me know if you are talking about same part number what i mentioned above for edition insurance or send me other link if i am wrong.

thanx

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I corrected my earlier post, so please read.

Here is how I interpret your question:

You originally purchase the V11 16SC with CCE, the original price of the package is currently set at $1750 (3CXCCPRO), this then come with a year's Upgrade insurance included in the original price.

To make things easy, you decide that prior to the 1st year having elapsed, you now want to upgrade to the 32SC Edition with CCE. The upgrade for this option is $1775 (3CXCCPROTOENT)

Had you gone with the 32SC with CCE package originally, that cost would have been $2650. So, back to my earlier post, they want you to think about the future now and buy accordingly, the decision is wholly yours as the facts are before you. You can buy the larger package up-front and spend the additional $900 now, which may be a small price to pay for the years of future use or, you can wait (assuming that all the pricing remains the same for years to come) and pay the original 16 call system plus the upgrade to 32 for a total of $3525 (or possibly more).

I don't know that I agree with your statement - "Generally, it should be the difference of 16 and 32 channel's new price.". I do not recall Microsoft ever allowing me to upgrade from one version or Edition to the next for a differential be it an OS or for Office or, any other MS product for that matter. They do offer special pricing for some upgrades, but never a differential that I recall. I do understand the desire and logic, but the manufacturer's are always inclined/incited to price products such that it brings them the maximum return up-front and it is up to the consumer to make the prudent choice as it his money and his decision to make.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Exactly

Unless you are absolutely positive that your business is never going to expand beyond it's current size, then think of it as buying clothes for children, get a size, or two, larger than your immediate needs require, as it will be less expensive in the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.