3CX Chat Ideas - IN PROGRESS

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Rick Nay, Oct 23, 2015.

3CX Chat Ideas - IN PROGRESS 4 5 2votes
4/5, 2 votes

1. Rick Nay

Hey there,

We have a lot of healthcare clients, so HIPAA compliance with 3CX chat would be incredibly beneficial. That way we they don't have to purchase/use separate software.

Anyway, here are a few ideas:

Centrally-Managed Chat Logs:
    - Create a centrally-managed mechanism where administrators/managers can review chat logs easily. This could even be part of the management console. Akin to the recordings section, perhaps.

- An option that will allow/restrict deletion of chat logs for users. Still allow users to delete chats from their own history, but keep copies that administrators can review. ...or just don't let users delete the chats at all.

Notifications:
    - Change the chat notification volume independently.
    The current chat notifications are incredibly loud and there is no way to lower the volume of only these notifications; you must lower the volume in Windows, which lowers the volume of everything.

- Perhaps have a small popup window at the bottom corner of the screen (similar to Google desktop notifications) upon receipt of a new message.

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: 3CX Chat Ideas

Wow, why is this not up-voted more? I've asked for this in every version since 11.

3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Even to have the ability to disable chat globally would help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This is interesting, makes sense and its actually easy to do...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Re: 3CX Chat Ideas - IN CONSIDERATION

I agree on popup notification. I have asked for it in general forum and direct via email. Popups are already happening for calls, so it must be a relatively easy mod for chat.

It was the first thing all our people said they want as virtually every chat client has this notification option.

6. AlexHeylin

Agree with logging etc, but let's do the easy one first - just give us option to disable... AND make sure that option is observed by sending client. No point sending a message that can't be read, and will only lead to confusion / frustration.

7. zbx

zbx

Need to have better notifications.

WHat happens for users that dont have speakers on their desk? Either a highlight in the tray or a popup need to occur when getting chat messages.

8. JStellato

I agree, the pop up notification idea would be great, sometimes we go days without noticing we have a message.

9. vinnymazza

YES please. Ever since changing to 3CX this has been such a pain. We had to buy speakers for the whole office for people to know they're being chatted. Every IM client ever made has pop up on top as an option and transparency when focus is lost also as an option. Stay competitive and add this.

Also, add the ability to doc a minimized 3CX phone that can be always on top as well. Having to find the window is the equivalent of piling paperwork on your phone and moving it every time you need to make a call.

10. agilebusiness

PUSH notifications for smarphones and pop-up for windows client

1. Chat messages are not received on the smartphones (only if the app is open and i dont see any nice notification as i see from facebook messenger).
    We need to have push notification for chat messages!
    Skype, viber, facebook, whatsapp, etc. – they all have it

2.I dont know why by default popup for incoming chat messages is disabled in the windows client? :)
    I requested this since v12 when you turned pop-up off by default.
    Now the entire helpdesk team must put this setting manually.
    It does not make any sense at all to install 3cx as an internal messenger if you cannot see when you receive a chat message. At leas make this a central settings so admins can easily change it.

BASICALLY WE HAVE BIG PROBLEMS in adoptions because of this 2 problems.

11. two

two

Definitely a must have, customers need and are used to the standard notification... same as Facebook, Twitter, etc. Can't wait to see the new version for this! Here's my vote!!

12. rlanier

Would there be a way to add a feature to this, such as SMS through SIP, and have it send to the chat client when using SMS enabled DIDs?