• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Choppy Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

homebasejobs.vigan

Reaction score
Choppy calls using 3CX. Is there any specific port or settings to use? I am unable to hear the person from the other line which is in London but and I'm in the Philippines and he can perfectly hear me like i was standing next to him. Also calls are very choppy though my internet is enough to produce a constant stream of data. When use other voip, calls are fine. Please help urgent!!

It sounds like you may need to use a tool like Wireshark to determine if it is something in your network that is "bogging" things down. You may have some luck by swapping out some of the hardware in your network (switches/routers, etc.) that may be causing the issue. Since the problem is only one way, my first suspect would be the internet service, at one end or the other as most do not offer symmetrical data rates. Check, or try changing the Codec that you are using, some require a higher bit rate than others.

hey thanks leejor for that very useful software. im using it right now though, i guess putting up a router next to my modem even though im the only using the internet seems to somehow resolved the problem eventually. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.