Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx - cisco call manager trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jokojojojo, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jokojojojo

Hi Guys,
    our company has merged with another that use cisco call manager and we've setup a sip trunk on our 3cx.
    it seems work very well but we've a tricky problem with internal caller-id ... we would like to present each other the internal extension numbers and not trunk caller-ID.
    We've made a lot of test configuring voip gateway or generic sip trunk but no way to fix... but "remote party id - callernum" is always rewritten with trunk extension. On the contrary the display name pass without problem, but we want that remote user might call back using his phone call history (so number is necessary).

Could you please help me to fix this great/small issue?

Thanks a lot

Jo

2. Manouchehr

@jokojojojo, I'm also trying to establish a sip trunk between 3cx and cisco call manager.... but it is not working. can you tell me how you got it working?

thanks

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jokojojojo

Please note that 3CX pbx does not send the extension number over a trunk for security reasons. The only way i know that you can send it is by using the extension number as an outbound caller ID in extension settings and setting this in the trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.