3CX Cisco integration. Group call forward change by phone.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PaulGarcia, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulGarcia

How is intergration between Cisco SPA504G and 3CX for Changing the GROUP call forward time and number from the handset?

I am used to call * codes and can see the custom paremeters in 3CX but nothing that is obvious for this task.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: 3CX Cisco integration. Group call forward change by phon

Are you talking about a user, from a set, changing the no answer destination, and ring time for a Ring Group? If so, I'm not certain that this is possible, it is set by the system admin.

You might send unanswered calls to a dummy extension, that would allow more "flexible" call forward options, although that may still not provide the solution you are looking for.

3. PaulGarcia

Yes, a user with a Cisco SPA504G handset.

We/they want to control the group forwarding number and time to forward from the handset.

I would have thought this a fairly basic requirement. (But could be wrong!)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would think that because a Ring Group involves a number of users, giving those people (any of the users) the ability to send unanswered calls off to ever-changing destinations, may cause some problems if everyone in the group is not aware of those changes. I have seen numerous issues where users cannot even correctly forward their own number off to a valid destination, resulting in all calls to them being lost.

5. PaulGarcia

This is not an issue for us, we employ adults and then train and monitor them.

And in any eventuality all users could have this same function in the myphone or management app.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.