Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX & Cisco Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alex22alex, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex22alex

Hello All,

We have 3CX and some Cisco 7960's. We have several incoming numbers each which each requires a different name to be answered. How can we see on the ciscos what incoming number the call is from ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in Advance Alex

2. pjr

pjr New Member

map incoming calls to ring groups (only containing the Ciscos) and name the ring groups as required. Choose to prepend calls to that group with the ring group name and it will show the name in the caller ID on the Cisco.

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alex22alex

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I cant find the option that enables me to "Prepend calls" with the ring group name. Can you let me know where this would be ?

Cheers Alex

4. pjr

pjr New Member

Its under settings > Global Options > System Wide Options > Append Group and DID names to caller ID on/off

and then choose to either Append/Prepend name to caller ID below

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. alex22alex

Hello Paul,

Thanks for much for the help. I was puzzeling over this for quite a while !

All the best. Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.