• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX & Cisco Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex22alex

Customer
Reaction score
Hello All,

We have 3CX and some Cisco 7960's. We have several incoming numbers each which each requires a different name to be answered. How can we see on the ciscos what incoming number the call is from ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in Advance Alex

map incoming calls to ring groups (only containing the Ciscos) and name the ring groups as required. Choose to prepend calls to that group with the ring group name and it will show the name in the caller ID on the Cisco.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I cant find the option that enables me to "Prepend calls" with the ring group name. Can you let me know where this would be ?

Cheers Alex

Its under settings > Global Options > System Wide Options > Append Group and DID names to caller ID on/off

and then choose to either Append/Prepend name to caller ID below

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thanks for much for the help. I was puzzeling over this for quite a while !

All the best. Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.