• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX click to call plug in for Chrome does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Free User
Reaction score
I just installed the click to call plug in for chrome. It says it's there, I've configured what little options there are. When I hover over a phone number it says, click to call with 3CX but when the number is clicked, nothing happens. Chrome is up to date.

I'm assuming that the functionality is supposed to dial the number in the browser using the windows softphone.

I wasn't sure where to post this so I stuck it in the general forum.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Shawn

You can use 3CX click to call 2 ways:
1) Having the client installed and provisioned on your computer
2) Through the 3CX webclient.
If you do not have either of these it will not work.

After i configured the settings i was able to click on phone numbers and then they opened up in my 3CX client ready to call.
I am however unable to use click to call with my CRM.
My CRM seems to only want to use skype which is annoying.

Hope this helps you.

Let us know if you're still experiencing any issues with the plugin. We'l be happy to provide more info for it's setup for you.

Well, when you say client, I'm assuming you're talking about the 3CX windows softphone. I have it installed and provisioned and working fine. I have the plugin installed also, when I hover over a phone number, the fly over message says something like 'click to call using 3cx' but when I click the number, nothing happens. And, by nothing I mean, nothing at all, as if I didn't click on it. I don't have too many options here so I'm not sure on what to do for diagnosis.

The options that I've set for the plugin are enable click to call, use call via 3cx client for windows, number length is 7 - 15

I attached a screen shot of the client next to a web page with a phone number on it and my mouse over the number which displays the fly over message. I've clicked on the number, every and each way, but nothing happens.

I'll have to try this functionality on another workstation to see if it is something related to my station only or if it's across a few stations.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Shawn

I forgot the attachment so, here it is.

Attachments

• click to call 1.png
    click to call 1.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.