Solved 3CX client 15.2.3 Beta

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Vali_3CX, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For our iOS Beta community members:
    a new Beta version, 15.2.3, has been released and is available to try it via your TestFlight app. Current build is 15.2.3.110.

It only contain fixes to issues reported from late previous Beta or from current official release. Here is the main change log:
    - fixed missing audio and bad UI display for *20*
    - fixed missing audio for group paging
    - fixed missing audio for early media processing gateways
    - fixed Voicemails not being properly sorted when updated
    - fixed playback controls not being shown on iPad in Voicemails/Recordings
    - fixed speaker reverting sometimes to receiver
    - fixed phone appearing as "Not Registered" due to PnP broadcast
    - fixed several potential crashes which may occur when app is in the background

I want to thank to all of you for helping us to improve our 3CX client.

P.S If you're not yet a member of our iOS Beta community but you want to become one, please use the registration form available here:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/uc-ios-client-beta/

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Vali_3CX, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. techclarity

techclarity New Member

I have been testing and it is great! A couple of items:

First, I am unable to paste a phone number into the app. Is this functionality not available?

Second, if I tap on a contact in the phone app it lets me chose to dial with phone or 3CX Audio, but if I tap on a phone number elsewhere, like in an e-mail, it only allows me to call either via phone or FaceTime. Can this be changed somewhere to include 3CX Audio?

3. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    1 - paste number feature is not available for now, sorry for inconvenience.
    2 - when tapping on a document phone number, iOS handle the "tel" protocol. We tried to handle it as well quite a long time ago, but without success; it seems Apple doesn't like standard protocols to be "overwritten" by third-party apps. According to their documentation:

Apple provides built-in support for the http, mailto, tel, and sms URL schemes. It also supports http–based URLs targeted at the Maps, YouTube, and iPod apps. The handlers for these schemes are fixed and cannot be changed. If your URL type includes a scheme that is identical to one defined by Apple, the Apple-provided app is launched instead of your app.

Calling from device's Contacts and Recents it's handled completely different and has been provided starting with iOS 10x.
    However, 3CX client is able to handle a custom, "tcxcallto" protocol. To try this, in (for instance) Notes, write
    tcxcallto://999
    tap Done button then tap the "tcxcallto" link - it should launch the 3CX client and, when registered, it will call 999.

Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sp0oK

Hi,

Is it possible to get a notification if someone sends a chat message? as there doesnt appear to any notification coming from this. Also in the chat window could we get a date / timestamp of when the message was received?

I have not come across any issues yet with the current build but will keep you informed if I do.

Thanks for the great work on the iOS client it's made a real difference to the user experience of 3CX

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Expect this to be available in V15 SP5 - client already support chat notifications, but there is still work to do on the "sender" side, ie the PBX.

6. chiyau

Hi

Will there be any work on bringing the 3CX Tunnel into the 3CX client? Having to configure 2 apps is a little cumbersome.

I am in the UK and on Vodafone. The client works well and will receive notifications about a call but Vodafone blocks the audio of the calls.

Thanks

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

?!? Tunnel is already builtin in the 3CX client since... about two years, if I remember correctly, and the 3CX Tunnel app has been discontinued since then. Which 3CXphone version you're using (the one in Settings/About) ?

8. damirmih

Hello,

When will this version be officially released to the store?

Thanks,
    Damir

9. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Damir
    In about two hours it should appear.

10. damirmih

Thank you very much for this update, the audio is working again.

11. JStellato

Thanks for the update, my testing is proving this is a much better build for iOS than previous versions.

I can't seem to find how we pick up shared parking lines on this new app though, is that feature not available yet?

Thank you

12. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I created shortcuts in the phonebook from the web gui. This way all users see them in their phonebook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.