• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX client does not receive incoming call after idling 1 hour or so ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilowa

New User
Reaction score
3CX client does not receive incoming call after idling (running in background ) 1 hour or so

3CX server version: v15.5, Update 6, Build 15.5.15502.6
3CX Android client: 15.5.344.492
Both are latest versions, It is happening in multiple phones including Samsung Note 5, Google Pixel 2 , HTC 10

In this situation
Caller gets ring back tone for some time and call is being diverted to voice mail

When I open client and check as a callee , client simple says "register failed" or "no network"
Then with in few seconds client registrars back and show "On Hook" state,

So it is clear that when client is in idle state for long time like 1 hour , it goes to an UNSTABLE state (when the client is in background mode in android)

I have attached the screenshot of the client in error state , please check this

I have Skype for Business Client, which is extremely stable.

I cannot replicate this issue, If i enable verbose logging in android client side, I believe when i enable verbose logging it stops the app going to sleep mode or background fully , So this stops from App going to unstable state as "register failed" or "no network"

Phones always have LTE or WiFi Strong network, with open firewall
This is an intermittent issue and I am missing lot of important calls.
Google FCM Push is configured correctly from server,

I have lots of remote yealink extensions provided via STUN, they have no issues
So there are no issues with External connectivity from Server

Could you please take required action to fix Andoid App with next release
Or provide some solutions to fix this issue ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Attachments

• 3cx-android-error.jpg
    3cx-android-error.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: nitrox
+1

Before we go ahead and start checking for this internally to verify that this is not user error, could you possibly try the following steps?

SP6 contains a new PUSH system that works via your PBX's port 5001/443 (MyPhone). If you're on SP5 or below, i'd suggest you upgrade and try again.

1) MyPhone port open to the outside?

2) Check PBX > Extensions > Phone Provisioning > Enable PUSH for SmartPhones

3) Check PBX > Settings > Phone / Client Options and make sure your firebase credentials are working.To do this you'll need to create a new firebase project and copy your credentials accordingly. I've seen several firebase accounts get blocked by google and people wonder why PUSH doesn't work. I strongly suggest you do this. Here's a guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/

4) Check if PUSH is working at all:

1. Register a Windows Client or WebClient on a different extension (test ext) and go to presence.
  2. Open your own 3CX Android Client and make sure you're register. Verify this by also checking on the other client.
  3. Close your 3CX Android Client/Kill it/Lock your device and wait 10 sec. Check on the other client. You MUST see your Android extension as online. If you don't this means you have an issue with step #1, #2, #3.

Please open a new thread with more info on the issue you're facing or follow the attached steps above.

1) MyPhone port open to the outside? Yes and PABX runs on SP6

2) Check PBX > Extensions > Phone Provisioning > Enable PUSH for SmartPhones
Enabled already from day 1

3) Check PBX > Settings > Phone / Client Options and make sure your firebase credentials are working.To do this you'll need to create a new firebase project and copy your credentials accordingly. I've seen several firebase accounts get blocked by google and people wonder why PUSH doesn't work. I strongly suggest you do this. Here's a guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/

FCM created correctly and working

4) Check if PUSH is working at all:

1. Register a Windows Client or WebClient on a different extension (test ext) and go to presence.
Working with Windows Laptop, No issues external or Internal without any client side VPN
  1. Open your own 3CX Android Client and make sure you're register. Verify this by also checking on the other client.
Registering, No issues
  1. Close your 3CX Android Client/Kill it/Lock your device and wait 10 sec. Check on the other client. You MUST see your Android extension as online. If you don't this means you have an issue with step #1, #2, #3.
Client is working as expected and this is an intermittent issue

Now I have excluded 3CX App in all built in battery optimization mechanism of Android manually

Now It works good for a day, can be able to receive calls,
No intermittent push/ register failures

I will monitor for a week and update it

Please open a new thread with more info on the issue you're facing or follow the attached steps above.[/QUOTE]

Lets see if it's the battery optimization that was the issue. Unfortunately this is not something that can be done automatically by the the software or even be asked to manually do from inside the app.

Users with these types of issues will have to do the battery un-optimization themselves.

Lets see if it's the battery optimization that was the issue. Unfortunately this is not something that can be done automatically by the the software or even be asked to manually do from inside the app.

Users with these types of issues will have to do the battery un-optimization themselves.
battery un-optimization fixed the issue for me on Note 5 running Android 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.