3CX Client for iOS - BETA IPv6 Support

Discussion in 'iOS' started by stefan, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Verizon and T-Mobile have switched their networks to IPV6. This BETA version of the 3CX client for iOS supports IPV6, including IPv6 to IPv4 (NAT64) mappings.

[​IMG]

We would like to invite you to sign-up as a pre-release user for our iOS client to get the latest builds...
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. xero9

But how do we enable IPv6 support in the 3CX phone system?

3. Sopock

Sopock Member

They will use it only for Out of Office?:confused:
    Starting June 1, 2016 all apps submitted to the App Store must support IPv6-only networking. Most apps will not require any changes because IPv6 is already supported by NSURLSession and CFNetwork APIs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. xero9

The beta iOS app supports IPv6, but the server refuses connections on it. Not sure how much clearer one can be!

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

IPv6 to IPv4 NAT Mappings...
    It works. I haven't had any issues.
    Where exactly are you having issues? Calls? Presence?

6. xero9

So on the iOS client, what IP to I put in? I'm not familiar with NAT64 so I assumed I could put in my native IPv6 address (both my ISP and wireless carrier support dual stack).

Basically, I can't get the client to connect to the server. If I use my IPv4 address it works fine, but then that isn't IPv6 :p

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I do not put in any address. I send a welcome email from the 3cx Console to the user. They tap the attachment and it sets up the client automatically.

8. somertech

I can't say for certain but it seems like since running the beta build (15.2.5.13x and up) that battery life on my test phone has suffered appreciably.
    Has anyone else observed reduced battery performance on their devices?

9. tratz

tratz New Member

I am having issues with the beta where i get no audio when using the 4g LTE cell network. I am using Tmobile. If i am on wifi the audio works fine.

--Tracy

#9 tratz, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  10. Steele Burgess

I have the same problem as Tracy. Nobody seems to know what the solution is. Thanks

11. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Steele Burgess
    That issue was almost one year ago, IPv6-related, on client version 15.2.4. Current released version is 15.2.12, IPv6-ready. Nobody seems to have this problem any longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.