3CX Client for Mac needs Office 365 Integration

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by bcampbell74, Aug 11, 2016.

3CX Client for Mac needs Office 365 Integration 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. bcampbell74

The 3CX for Mac Client needs Office 365 integration. Why? well it isn't clear from the marketing side that this is a Windows only feature. I mean a Cloud integration that requires a Windows PC? Come on!

The other reason is that my client purchased the pro version with the specific purpose of Office 365 Cloud Integration and I, when asked, could not think of any reason at the time why it could not use a cloud application as, you know, 3CX said it did.

So please, so that your partners aren't made to look like idiots, could you kindly?

Thanks in advance for doing this, you know it makes sense.

2. PhatPanda

There are quite a few things missing from the mac client, including CTI mode and agree the marketing materials do not point out these shortcomings. I have stated in other posts that the Mac client needs feature parity with the PC client, and definitely integration with O365 please!

3. boldtech

I'm so glad to see we are not the only ones who got stung by this.

We just had to eat a $5000 project due to the fact that we didn't know the Mac client doesn't do CRM integration like the windows client. There is absolutely zero statements on the 3cx site stating that CRM integration is only supported on the windows client. After digging through the entire website I finally had to get confirmation from support that this was really the case.

We ended up looking like absolute idiots, and while I take ultimate responsibility for the oversight, 3cx is absolutely not making any effort on the site to advertise the non-parity of features between the two clients.

4. ctni

I agree...Office 365 support is needed, as well as CTI support and the same switchboard views as the PC client. We run into a few Mac's at most prospects and they are looking for Mac support.

5. Tigrecito

need this as well. since more and more people use cloud services (like office 365) they become more and more platform independent and so there are quite many who decide to use mac instead of windows - because most of their apps now run also on macs.. so this feature is heavily needed!