3CX Client for windows 15.5.10244.4

Discussion in 'Windows' started by techdummy, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techdummy

techdummy New Member

Hi,

We are using 3CX 15.5 SP2 in our organization.
    The SP4 update was showing in the update tab of Management console, but I ignored it along with the update for 3cx Client.
    I haven't updated the system as of yet but today when we started up the 3cx client it is asking for update.
    It says "An update for 3cx client is available for download from your 3cx phone system".
    I haven't provided the permission for update in the 3CX server and yet there are a few clients that have been updated to the latest one(15.5.10244.4), and this isnt the first time this has happened.
    I had posted in the forum before, informing that the same happened with the previous update (v 15.5.8801.3) but the 3cx team informed they werent able to replicate the issue.
    This is becoming quite a pain!

Anyone else facing the same issue?

2. PaulD

Hi

I reported exactly the same issue last weekend via my 3CX reseller. We were holding off applying the SP4 pack and the Windows & Mac client updates plus a CTI update - so a total of 4 updates held off. On Sunday, found that all but the SP4 had auto-applied at 04:00. Strangely, this is the time set for auto-updates to be applied if the auto-update box was ticked - but it wasn't! Response from 3CX via reseller was that they couldn't replicate the issue. Nonetheless, the client file updates in the 'MyPhone' folder were timed at precisely 04:00 Sunday. Like you, I have experienced this in the past.

Anyway, 3CX have again released a Windows client update so I'm going into this weekend hold off 2 updates - the SP4 pack and the Windows client update. I'm waiting to see if the issue is repeated this week.

Cheers
    Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. olliac

Hi techdummy,

Same issue here but only 1 PBX. The Client Update was installed without automatic Updates.
    BUT this is the only Windows PBX we have at all our Customers.

Every Customer running Debian PBX we dont have any issues.

Cheers,
    Olli

4. PaulD

Please could you advise how to set the PBX to run on TLS 1.0?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PaulD

OK - so history has repeated itself! My auto-update time is set to 04:00 Sunday but the checkbox is NOT ticked. Saturday 23:40, I had two updates in the queue - SP4 and the latest Windows client update. Sunday 07:30, I have only one update in the queue - SP4.

I have screen grabs of both the console and the 'MyPhone' file location for Saturday & Sunday. The file location clearly shows the '3CXPhoneWindowsUpdate' zip as downloaded at exactly 04:00 on Sunday April 8th.

Confirmed - same problem as last week. Any ideas 3CX?

6. techdummy

techdummy New Member

And the issue has happened again, this is the 3rd time.
    Today when I started Windows Client, it is asking to Update saying there is a new version available.
    So, the 3CX server has downloaded the last update without me giving the permission, again.
    This is very inconvenient for us!
    Can someone from 3CX fix the issue??

7. Tifoso

I have the same problem :-(

8. techdummy

techdummy New Member

I'm surprised why nobody from 3CX hasn't even acknowledged the issue, usually they respond quickly to any issue being raised.

And this has been an ongoing issue, the last 3 updates happened without me providing any kind of permission.

For none of these updates, the 3CX server was set to download it automatically and yet the server download it, and started pushing the update to all windows clients.

I hope someone from 3CX has an answer for this, or at-least acknowledge the issue.

9. techdummy

techdummy New Member

10. techdummy

techdummy New Member

11. vizualpro

Same here. I do not have any updates approved automatically and I'm the only person with access. Any time there is an update for the 3CX Client it's automatically updated without consent. Friday afternoon it was available but not approved, and when I came to work on Monday it was not available and all our workstations were prompting for it to be installed. This is the 3rd time it's happened.
    So far it has only been the client and not templates or the server.

12. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

Same here. For workstation users with client installed locally, I guess it's not that big of a deal, other than I like to be the one to approve and apply updates so I can watch for trouble after. But with a majority of my clients, it is installed on a terminal server which needs to be in install mode by an admin to do the updates properly. I can train til I'm blue in the face for them to cancel the update, but with dozens of people, inevitably some standard user is going to click update in their terminal session.

13. techdummy

techdummy New Member

Why is it that nobody from 3CX is bothering to reply for this issue??

14. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello all,

We are currently looking into this issue and we are trying to replicate. Are you all currently on SP2 still or did this happen to SP3 or SP4 as well? I am asking so we can try to narrow down (if we are able) the versions we try and replicate with. Also are you on Windows or linux?

15. vizualpro

Windows 2012 R2
    Enterprise Perpetual 15.5.6354.2

16. PaulD

I updated to SP4 last week which indicated a newer Mac client. Knowing that it would be applied automatically, I turned on verbose logging over the weekend and as predicted, the client was indeed auto-applied without request. The verbose logs (covering 4:00am Sunday) have been forwarded to 3CX. Possibly, they will provide a clue .......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.