3CX client for windows - registration failed, service unavailable.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mdtmed, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdtmed

Hi,

Im using 3CX V15.5 on windows 10 PRO

all devices working fine but 1 notebook have this problem. (windows 10 PRO)

I checked all :
    firewall - off
    antivir - off
    3cx client reinstalled (latest) with new config

still the same - registration failed, service unavailable !!!

problem is only on this one notebook, it must be something in operating system i think but what ?

do you know which service can be unavailable... ?
    how to check it ? how to repair ?
    without formatting the disk and reinstalling system...

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

You have not mentioned your .NET framework however, what is this on?

I not sure that it would have an effect on a registration issue however.

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

"Service Unavailable" is a very strong hint that the client is trying to connect using Tunnel/TCP/TLS.

Most common reason for such error is an outdated provisioning profile - which can be solved by re-sending a (fresh) welcome eMail.

Assuming the provisioning profile is up-to-date, then on the 3CX client (temporarily) disable the "Re-provision at startup" option then play with account settings as follows:
    - check if connecting using UDP without tunnel is working. If no, check firewall for UDP - a ping to the PBX IP/FQDN is a good hint.
    - if the tunnel was used, check the firewall for TCP and tunnel port (usually 5090) as in your account. Try a telnet to the PBX IP/FQDN on tunnel port.
    - if the TCP/TLS was used, check the firewall for TCP and PBX port as in your account. Try a telnet PBX IP/FQDN on PBX port. If TLS was used and telnet is working, check for local certificates.

Also (but I don't remember for sure) if connection is "out-of-office" check on the Management Console is extension is allowed to use tunnel and/or out-of-office.

Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.