Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX client for windows - registration failed, service unavailable.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mdtmed, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdtmed

Hi,

Im using 3CX V15.5 on windows 10 PRO

all devices working fine but 1 notebook have this problem. (windows 10 PRO)

I checked all :
    firewall - off
    antivir - off
    3cx client reinstalled (latest) with new config

still the same - registration failed, service unavailable !!!

problem is only on this one notebook, it must be something in operating system i think but what ?

do you know which service can be unavailable... ?
    how to check it ? how to repair ?
    without formatting the disk and reinstalling system...

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

You have not mentioned your .NET framework however, what is this on?

I not sure that it would have an effect on a registration issue however.

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

"Service Unavailable" is a very strong hint that the client is trying to connect using Tunnel/TCP/TLS.

Most common reason for such error is an outdated provisioning profile - which can be solved by re-sending a (fresh) welcome eMail.

Assuming the provisioning profile is up-to-date, then on the 3CX client (temporarily) disable the "Re-provision at startup" option then play with account settings as follows:
    - check if connecting using UDP without tunnel is working. If no, check firewall for UDP - a ping to the PBX IP/FQDN is a good hint.
    - if the tunnel was used, check the firewall for TCP and tunnel port (usually 5090) as in your account. Try a telnet to the PBX IP/FQDN on tunnel port.
    - if the TCP/TLS was used, check the firewall for TCP and PBX port as in your account. Try a telnet PBX IP/FQDN on PBX port. If TLS was used and telnet is working, check for local certificates.

Also (but I don't remember for sure) if connection is "out-of-office" check on the Management Console is extension is allowed to use tunnel and/or out-of-office.

Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.