3cx client freezes when attempting to transfer calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MathiasSF, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MathiasSF

Hello Everyone,

Our Receptionist has been having an issue occur about 1-3 times a week where when she goes to transfer a call in the Receptionist Switchboard the 3cx client will freeze, and wont let her do anything but hang up the call.

She can then close the client and relaunch it and it will work fine for a day or two before the issue happens again.

I already granted it higher CPU priority and ran it as admin, but that didn't change anything, and the system resources are all at a normal level.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

2. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

something wrong with the c++ dependencies? Maybe uninstall and scrub the windows registry and reinstall?

3. pact

pact New Member

What phone is attached?

Deskphone in CTI? Or softphone with a headset?

If a softphone, what headset are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MathiasSF

Its a softphone with a Jabra headset, I have uninstalled and re-installed the 3cx soft client and re-provisioned the users extension. and again it works fine transferring calls most of the day and then suddenly the switchboard portion will freeze.

5. pact

pact New Member

Ok, the reason I was asking is because there is an issue with 3CX Softphone and the Jabra Direct software causing the 3CX Softphone to crash.

3CX are releasing a fix in the next version of 15.5, which is outlined here: https://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/3cxphone-build-history/

But we have seen some success in updating the Jabra Direct software as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MathiasSF

I will give that a try today, I also had them log into the webclient switchboard, and if the local client failed to transfer, then have them try it on the webclient switchboard but that also failed unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.