3cx client keep showing registering not registered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wesam_az, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesam_az

I'm new in this community and have two problems
    1) 3cx client keep showing registering not registered
    2( and this is the most important problem , I can't call anybody in 3cx without internet connection!!! although my network is OK.

hope to help me out to solve the problem

thanks in advance

waiting your reply

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX activity log to see when it register, and then looses registration. By default 3CX instructs devices, and expects then to re-register every 30 minutes. If this is not set correctly in the client, then it will UN-register. There could be other factors involved, depending on your network configuration.

So, you are using the 3CX PBX, on a LAN, with no internet connectivity, yet no extensions, on the same LAN can call each other...is that the issue? Are you using (registering to) a local IP, or using FQDN, for the server? Do you see a call attempt, in the 3CX Activity log? Any error message associated? DNS issue?

#2 leejor, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  3. Matthew Grenier

I see a lot of messy forum posts about registering a 3cx client from outside of your home network. Lotta BAD advice floating around there... I was having this issue. By default when setting up with the welcome email, it inputs the FQDN for "external location" in the client settings under account set-up... which is fine, IF you have a DNS record set-up at your FQDN... we did not, nor did we have access to change our FQDN settings... so, the real thing to try as a FIRST step (assuming you don't have access to your FQDN) would be to re-address to the external IP of your 3cx server on the soft-phone client in settings, under accounts to effectively bypass an improperly set-up FQDN. ... that's how I fixed it/figured it out anyways. It's a band-aid technically, yes, however... who cares!!!! as long as it makes it work!!! I circled the place to switch out your FQDN with your external IP of your 3cx server.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.