• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX Client Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

comfident

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Hi,

Should it be enough to to get external 3CX Client for Android working to open the 3CX tunnel port, or must be the RTP ports also be open for everyone?

Regards

Hello @comfident

Please note that the tunnel port is used by the clients for both SIP and RTP communication so you only need the tunnel port to get them working.

Hello,

Thank you for this information.
Then i do have a strange issue.

When i am inside the corporate network connected with wifi, the 3CX client (Android) is working normal.
If i only have mobile data enabled on the smartphone, i have a oneway audio problem.
I hear the caller, but the caller does not hear me.

Any ideas what could be the cause?

So the client is able to connect to PBX and receive/initiate a call. Make sure that the client is configured to use the tunnel. Also if you are using a voip provider that means that the RTP ports are open on the firewall for the provider. Can you pass the firewall checker?

The client is able to connect to PBX and receive/initiate a call.
The 3CX client is configured to use 3CX tunnel and the FQDN.
SIP and RTP is open from/to VoIP provider networks.
Calls with IP phone and the VoIP provider are working fine. (At least from inside corporate network. Could not test it outside yet)

Any help is appreciated.

If the client is using the 3CX tunnel, port 5090 udp / tcp needs opening up on the firewall.

Step 2 -
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/firewall-router-configuration/

The provisioning ports need opening up as per info in the above url.

After making the changes, run the firewall test to see if anything is failing.

The firewall rules was the problem.
I did allow all ports from 3CX network, so the firewall checker passed.
I did have allowed 5090 tcp for all, but missed 5090 udp to open for all.
After adding 5090 udp to the firewall rules, audio is also now working fine.

Thank you for your help.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.