3cx client problem..

Discussion in 'Windows' started by scu, Feb 14, 2008.

1. scu

scu

I have 3cx version 5.1 installed in our server in the office and opened up these ports in the router in the office and in my router at home:
    SIP : 5060 Protocol Both
    Tunnel: 5090 Protocol TCP
    RTP: 9000-9015 Protocol UDP

At home, I have the lastest softphone of 3cx and all it does when I dial an extension at the office from my pc at home is it says: Login Failed, Invalid Extension.

I am connected to my server in the office and I can see when I launch the client in my home pc, I see the extension get registered in the server.

Can someone tell me what else I need to do? Thanks.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Please try with the latest version and follow instructions for tunnel.

You do not need to open any ports client side - it should just connect to port 5090. See manual. If this files please send server status log

3. tj_12340

I also have the same problem with my VOIP client. I am using the latest versions of the software, VOIP CLient 5.1.4132, 3CX Server 5.1.4128.0.

I am using the free version, is the tunnel restricted to the paid SMB and Pro versions ?

Or is it some other problem ?

Just to confirm I opened and forwarded ports 5060, 5080, 5090 to my 3CX Server.

4. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Only port 5090 TCP is used by the tunnel. Port 5080 is used to connect the phone to the Voip client. You shouldn't open that port on your 3CX server.

5. tj_12340

The only way the voip client sort of works is if i put my public ip address in the IP or FQDN box. In that case is presume we are not using the tunnel ?
    The client makes the connection and gets registered but the tunnel option is the software remains unticked.
    Using method i can dial a number internal and external but cannot end a call. Any ideas ?