Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Client Update Fails to negotiate SSL/TLS

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Thomas Miller, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Miller

Hello All -

I switched my users from Fonality to 3CX a couple of days ago. During testing, our PCI scan showed TLS 1.0 was enabled on the management interface. As this is now a failing condition, I disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in the nginx.conf file and restarted nginx. Everything worked so I thought all was well. However, after bring users onboard, it now seems that without TLS 1.0 enabled, the Windows client cannot update. If I re-enable TLS 1.0, it works. Is there a fix for this that would allow me to disable the weak ciphers and still have the clients update?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. Thomas Miller

Thank you. I noticed a similar answer in another thread and was able to fix the issue by re-enabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1, allowing the update, then disabling. From the thread I saw, this will be the last time we will have to do this.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Exactly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.