• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx client version 5 not able to connect to 3cx server

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr2010

Reaction score
I am not able to login 3CX Voip cllient to 3cx system server. I am testing out internal extensions. It gives me not connected message in the client. I never got connected after installing the server and client. server seems to be working correctly. I have installed extensions and I am using one of the extensions at my client. Pl. let me know if I need to fine tune some where to get connected to server to test extensions. .. thanks

in fact, I am not able to change the out of the office mode. When we give ipaddres, do in the client, do we have to give port number also?

It is not giving the option of Out of office mode. Its greyed out. Only option giving is in office mode. How do I change it to either option based on the location inside office or outside office.

i dont mean in or out of office mode...

Toolbar shows icon "Desk Phone" and "Headset Mode"..

Choose headset mode.

There is no problem in switching to head set or desktop. Connection mode: in office (inside the office network) or out of office (connection through internet)

The in/out of office mode is not yet enabled since its still in beta..

Will I be able to use my extension when I am out of office using internet or I can only use my extension in the office only to call between extensions and also to dial outside calls using voip provider

Yes you ca still be able to use it outside your office.
Just remember to set your reg FQDN/IP to be your corperate networks external IP, and open the ports in router.
If you have defined a 3cx SIP domain, use this in clients reg aswell.

gr2010 said:
where do I check IP in the sever. just to make sure client setting is correct and also do I have to use the port number at the end in the client after ip address: for ex: http://:5481/
Your 3cx IP is the IP for the server/machine that has 3CX installed, ex 192.168.2.103.
If you dont have this, ask your network admin.
In reg of the client you dont have to add the port in IP. Theres a dedicated line for that.
You find all the setting in client under File -> Settings

I got clarified on IP address for client logn without port no. thank you.

set your reg FQDN/IP to be your corperate networks external IP, and open the ports in router.
If you have defined a 3cx SIP domain, use this in clients reg aswell.

where do I find these settings.. is this in server or in client and under which menu.

Try first without sip domain.

The external ip you have to use from external connection is something you get from your admin.
If thats you, you can "workaround" and check serverstatus in management control.
Look for fax registration. It should be something like sip:[email protected].
Use that one in Client as reg ip/proxy.

In the phone system, line status >> I have 3 extensions but all the extensions status shows: Not registered. I guess this should be registered. How do I accomplish this.

Ok.. Actually, i think that at this point you should have a look at the manual.
For 3CX v5
http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual5.pdf

For Client
http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXVOIPclientmanual5.pdf

The important thing is that you must use EXACTLY the same info in registering your phones, as you set thet in creation of extension.
Read this and try work it out.
Any more questions afterwards, just scream.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.