Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Client wont update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by that1guy, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that1guy

Greetings,

I am running into a problem with one of my clients. When they attempt to update 3cx client for windows, they receive the attached message and are unable to complete the update. We discovered if we stop the antivirus service before updating the client, the update installs like normal. It's not a consistent issue either; the client I am working with has 40+ users and only a handful have reported the issue so far. We are using VIPRE antivirus. Has anyone seen an issue like this before? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2168fe23-929b-4f1f-a5d3-fceebbf43ac6.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the 3CX Support team this comes up a lot, and I am sure other users on the forum have experienced this as well. The solution though to your problem though seems to be clear, add exception to your AV software for the specific file or folder...

that1guy likes this.
  3. that1guy

Thanks @NickD_3CX ! I just found it odd because we have installed previous updates with out needing to change AV settings in the past. Exception has been added. Working to push the update through. I'll update if the problem continues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.