3CX Client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Flash99, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash99

I want the users to use the desktop phones only.
    Is it possible to globally disable the 3CX Client ?
    I know I can use "Block use of 3CX Client" for each extension.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

I am not aware of a global way to do this in the 3CX PBX interface, however if the issue is that you have a lot of extensions in this system and wish to save time simply go to the "Extensions" tab in 3CX and hold down "Ctrl" and select multiple extensions and "edit".

The system supports the ability for "Block use of 3CX Client" as you have said. This can be found under Provisioning >> Access.

This option is available when in the multiple extensions selection state and should at least offer you a quick work around.

3. Flash99

Thanks
    Yep I'm aware of these options.
    Since all clients suppose to have it disabled and multiple people are adding extensions I'm just looking for a way to eliminate human errors (forgetting to block)

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No i am afraid that there is no global way to disable this as this is extension based. You can request for this functionality to be added by posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum. There it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriated department.

5. Flash99

BTW I tried to use "Block use of 3CX Client" for all extensions and my IP was immediately black listed. I guess because my 3CX dashboard was open ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.