• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Cloud 12 with Raspberry Pi Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

millennium2

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
We are using 3CX Cloud 12 with SBC on Raspberry Pi with several installations, for so far so good...no issues.
Question is, if internet at the remote site is lost, will the SBC controller on Raspberry Pi still route remote phones calls internally?

That is, if there is no internet connection (and thus no connectivity to 3CX cloud), will the remote phones still be able to call each other (extension to extension calls) via Raspberry Pi?

I would experiment with this myself, but can't risk downtime at any of the sites.

I would say no, it is not possible. Because if the Pi can't talk to the server then eventually the phones will become unregistered. Once their unregistered, then they are useless to even calling inside the network. I haven't tested this either, but I have seen all the phones go to unregistered when the Pi can't reach the server pretty quickly.

Netelligence

Correct once the tunnel drops to the server the phones will go to an unregistered state

It would be interesting to see a future version of the SBC that would retain local extension information, to enable internal calls if a connection to the server were lost. There would have to be some way (visually) to indicate that the connection was down, other than "no incoming calls" and "can't dial out".

A number of years ago, I did some "playing around" with the Milkfish features included on the VoIP versions of DD-WRT router firmware. It's an optional proxy server that does allow internal calling even if the external server "link' is lost.

http://wiki.milkfish.org.sipwerk.com/index.php?n=Milkfish-dd.RouterConfiguration

It might be something that 3CX considers when updating the SBC software, especially with the new Raspberry Pi now on the market.

We are just embarking on the Raspberry Pi route and have been told that not all RPi units work with 3CX SBC.

Which version should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.