Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Cloud, Extension to Extension Calling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by featherston, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. featherston

We have about 30 extensions at one location connecting to 3cx cloud via STUN. We are having an issue when calling from extension to extension we are getting the wrong extensions.

For example. Extension 101 dialing extension 102. 3cx shows this is happening but in reality it is actually talking to 103.

I am thinking maybe I just need to install the SBC and not use STUN.

Tyler

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

With that many extensions, you should be using the SBC, or VPN. You could try setting each extension (if you haven't) to PBX delivers audio but that may not fix the issue.

When the sets were provisioned, were they all assigned port 5060 (as the local port), or each assigned a unique port (on the local network)? If the all use the same port, the problem is, that from the outside, a set is seen as PublicIP:port, so all sets would be seen as the same by the PBX, and the local router would probably send the call to the last set that used that port.

3. featherston

Got it. Yes they are all using the same port. It looks like 5065. We are using PBX delivers audio and it works 90% of the time.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm actually a bit surprised that the call success rate is that high the type of router, you are using, may have a part to play in that.. If you made use of the SBC, each extension to extension call could remain on the local LAN rather than having to go back to, and return from, the server, saving bandwidth.

5. gbardissi

Agreed stun is not going to work for that many phones.

Just a heads up that 3cx raspberry pi only handles up to 10 devices and the windows version handles about 30

6. 3cxBora

I am a newbie to 3cx and I find the 3cx cloud with SBC is anther point-of-failure to deal with.

If I am using 3cx cloud, having to install SBC or some other device on premise, does not it a true cloud hosting anymore. The idea of cloud is not have to manage and support another server on-site, i.e, SBC or VPN device.

Many hosted voice provider, such 8x8, RingCentral or EasyOfficePhone, does not require any VPN or SBC onsite.

I am reading some other devices can act as SBC proxy - can anyone commment about using Edgemarc Router (SBC), Mikrotik or SonicWall (http://help.mysonicwall.com/sw/eng/6931/ui2/25500/VoIP_voIPOptions.html#1020657).

I want hear how cloud are deployed today and options not haivng to install SBC on Windows or Rasp. PI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.