3CX Cloud - Phones Not Registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Robert Casad, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Casad

Hello,

I've followed every step that I know I should have, I'm attempting to setup remote extensions (6, STUN) to connect to our PBX - no matter what I try they fail to register. They are Yealink T48Gs. I can get softphone mobile clients to register just fine, but ONLY when they are off of the local network, using their LTE.

Does anyone know if there are local ports I should be forwarding? When I attempt an autoprovision with the phones, they say they are provisioning but then say "update skipped".

Since the client off of the wifi is working, it seems that the PBX is working okay, I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong on our local network.

Thanks in advance.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

What says 3CX firewall checker ?
    Have you allowed extensions to register outside of LAN ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Robert Casad

Firewall checker is all clear, extensions are allowed to register outside of LAN.

It has to be something with my router I would think, because like I said the client registers fine on cellular, but the minute I connect it to the wifi, it says Service Unavailable.

I tried using an SBC with the SBC setup as the proxy in the remote phone, and that causes the extension to register, but the call quality is terrible.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Follow the guidelines for provisioning remote phones with STUN -- they should different local SIP ports, i.e. 5062, 5063, ... and different RTP ports like 14000 to 14009 for the first, 14010 to 14019 for the second and so on. This is a possible reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Robert Casad

I think I tried separate ports, but I'm not quite sure which ports on the T48G should be changed.

How do i post the register from the handsets on a yealink t48g?

I got the phones to register since I have posted this thread, however, today our ISP came to swap out our modem. After the connection came back on, the phones won't register again. Softphones are still registering, regardless of the connection status (wifi or lte?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.