3CX Cloud, Remote Phones - POTS Line Failover?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millennium2, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millennium2

Hi,

We have setup a few clients on 3CX cloud with remote phones with no issues. Only problem is, if the internet goes down at the remote site, or if the 3CX Cloud server is offline, the remote client completely loses phone communication.

I am aware of backup 3G/4G failover, but Is it possible to have the remote phones failover to a Patton gateway (connected to POTS lines) located onsite at client location? If not, is there another solution?

Any help would be grealty appreciated. Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There may be, but I'm not aware of, a specific muliti-line model of ATA with PSTN fall-over. The Cisco SPA-3102 will perform that function as a single line device.

You don't say if you are using analogue sets or VoIP phones. Some SIP devices allow for an alternative server to be included in the datafill, but keep in mind that unless there is a network failure on a regular basis, any backup solution requires covering the ongoing cost of PSTN lines, and equipment that may rarely be used.

If the site had a fax line, or alarm phone line you could use, and there was simply a need for a "lifeline" connection, then I would go with a 3102 on one, or two extensions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.