• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Cloud Server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

numerii

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Spent all weekend trying to get this to work with Snom,Aastra & Grandstream deskphones with no luck but can connect the Android client.

Can anybody tell me if the external extensions must be connected through the SBC rather than a direct connection?
Wireshark shows the phones trying connect but the system replies with a 407 Proxy Authentication Required then nothing else.

It's not the firewall as I've installed 3CX directly onto the OS and I can connect an external extension to that.

I'm running this in a datacentre on ESXi 5.5 on MS Server 2008 R2 64bit behind a pfSense firewall. (If I can't get this to work I'm going to have to revert to one 3CX per OS.)

Many thanks
Gary

Ok, think I've identified the issue after a further test with a Yealink phone and a call to 3CX Support.

The Cloud Server seems to ONLY work with the phones that appear in the provisioning list and are supported/tested. If the model isn't on the list then it will probably not work. For example even though Snoms are on the list the DECT M3 isn't and won't work. So even though most of these phones use the SIP standard it seems Cloud Server is slightly different and must be configured per phone model. (Well that's the conclusion I've come to)

Spent most of the weekend trying different models/wireshark etc. and the Yealink connected in 2 minutes :evil: :evil: .

One of my clients now wants a wireless DECT phone on his system so I think I'm going to have to go with the Yealink W52P which isn't on the list and hope it works as detailed here http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-cloud-with-wireless-phone-39636.html

Regards
Gary

We have gotten several phones that are not on the list working just fine.

Not sure why you are having so many issues.

What type of router / firewall do you have in front of the server?

All the correct ports open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.