• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Cloud Server v14 SP2 - Ring Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstorm

Reaction score
We need to have Ring Groups in v14SP2 use the phone status and not the PBX status for calls. Before SP2, under Settings -> Advanced -> Options, there was a way to allow that, but with SP2, that is now gone.

So, if EXT201 is talking with EXT202, and a call comes in EXT201 and 202 will not ring, if they are in the that ring group. Is there anyway to reenable that? As we have customers that don't believe in call queues, and their customers would rather be placed on hold for a min, as opposed to having to wait in a queue.

Also for small offices, 2,3,4 phones a call queue is over kill.

Any ideas on how to get that fuction back?

Your talking about the "ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP" parameter correct?
Those have moved to Troubleshooting/Parameters.

Yes thats what I'm talking about, but in SP2, under Troubleshooting, there is just "Activity Log and Event Log" on 3CX Cloud

We are in the same boat. Not sure why this feature would be removed. Our tech support is setup with a Ring Group > Ring All that includes 5 members. We are currently running an older version whereby if a call comes in and Phone 1 answers, if a second call comes while Phone 1 is still on the first call, Phone 1 would still have the option to answer in the instance Phone 2 - Phone 5 members are all gone to lunch.

Why would this feature be removed ?

Hi ,

Just go to Troubleshooting -> Parameters and Search for "ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP" Patamiter and set the value to 1

Hello,

Does this option also work for Queue's? I changed the parameter but does not seem to work with queue's. Is there another paramater for this?

Just an FYI about this parameter, it is known to cause calls to get 'stuck' in the system and calls that are transferred to very often get dropped.
Generally this parameter never left the 'experimental' phase, but because of the aforementioned issues it can cause it was removed from the list.

I see Troubleshooting->Parameters in the standalone install, but not in the cloud install. In the cloud install Troubleshooting->Parameters is missing.

jstorm said:
I see Troubleshooting->Parameters in the standalone install, but not in the cloud install. In the cloud install Troubleshooting->Parameters is missing.
Indeed, this was purposely done as many parameters could affect all the other instances as well.

I hope this will be returned, maybe as an option under ring groups, in the cloud version. I just lost a sale for a hosted system because this was not available with no viable work around. Almost all of my clients use this for ring groups which means I can only go with a premise installation which is not always the best option.

At this point I can only suggest to look towards the future and by this I mean to up-vote this feature in the Ideas section.
There is already a relevant post so feel free to port your request there so it is noted:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/allow-multiple-calls-for-queue-and-ring-group-43410.html

If the Ideas topic gets enough of a buzz, it is possible that this functions becomes properly implemented so that it does not cause the problems the experimental version of it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.