• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX cloud with SIP.us down due to DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey D.

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

Just had an issue start with two phone systems we have hosted on the 3cx cloud express- started around 1:18pm today. Getting the following error. It only happens on 3cx cloud - we have a local system that is registering without an issue.

"Registration at SIP.US has failed. Destination (sip:[email protected]:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available."

Any ideas?

@Joey D.

1. Verify you can resolve gw1.sip.us through DNS
2. Reboot your 3CX server
3. Reboot your firewall/gateway/router

I just had this problem with sb1.ixica.com

I could ping it (DNS resolves) but I couldn't get the trunk to come up.
After I rebooted the firewall/gateway/router, everything worked fine.

*edit*
My install in on-premise so #3 may not be possible. #2 may solve the issue though.

Reactions: Joey D.
Thanks for the response. I already rebooted the instances. But since they were created with 3cx pbx express, it's hosted on their google cloud account. I have no access to anything other than the web interface and the terminal.

Thanks for the response. I already rebooted the instances. But since they were created with 3cx pbx express, it's hosted on their google cloud account. I have no access to anything other than the web interface and the terminal.

You can do a reboot through the terminal in the console. The command is "reboot".
Capture.PNG

you can also use ping to test to see if you have dns resolution.

@Marari

It just came back randomly after and hour and a half of being down. Both hosted PBX are up now, and i only did the ping test and reboot on one of them. So the issue had to have been with either google cloud or with 3cx itself. Very strange.

Thanks for the responses!

@Marari

It just came back randomly after and hour and a half of being down. Both hosted PBX are up now, and i only did the ping test and reboot on one of them. So the issue had to have been with either google cloud or with 3cx itself. Very strange.

Thanks for the responses!

You're welcome!

Glad it's resolved.

Reactions: Joey D.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.