Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Company Phonebook does not list all numbers on Yealink

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

I had this out to me today and i didn't have a answer on how to correct.
    Company likes to use the Company Phonebook under settings in 3CX to list employee contact details "Cellphones/Home phones".
    They pointed out that on there T46G phones only the Mobile number shows up, that the other numbers do not...
    They have some employees who do not have cellphones but do home phones and some they list secondary mobile numbers for. If they put a contact in with just a home phone number the contact name shows up on the phone but no number.

Is this a limitation in 3CX or is there a way to get the other numbers to show up in the yealink address book provisioning file?
    If i go into the provisioning file and edit it and add a second <Telephone> for a contact it shows up on the yealink just fine so i know the phone can handle it.
    <DirectoryEntry>
    <Name>Test User</Name>
    <Telephone>1234</Telephone>
    <Telephone>5677</Telephone>
    </DirectoryEntry>

Anyone else notice this?
    Is there anything that can be done?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Re: 3CX Company Phonebook does not list all numbers on Yeali

Hi Tsukraw

At the current stage your information is correct the generated company phonebook will only contain the mobile field. That being said if you add the contacts manually into the yealink phonebook file, once you add a new contact in it the company phonebook in the management console, that file will be regenerated and your changes will be lost so the next time the phones reprovision automatically you will also lose your changes. For the current stage this will stay as it is, please let me know if you have any further questions or inquiries

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. decorsign

Hi There,

Is there still no solution/update for this?
    I have a customer who would like to use any of the available fields.
    So mobile, home, business, etc..

It would be okay to show the first available number in one of these colums starting with mobile.

Thanx.

Geert

4. jasit

jasit New Member

We use a separate file for our contacts on top of what 3cx does, I update the file and every night when the phones repovision they get the new updated list.

local_contact.data.url =http://%%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/T46_contact.xml

I use notepad++ to edit and update the file T46_contact.xml here is a snippet of it

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <root_group>
    <group display_name="All Contacts" ring="" />
    <group display_name="Tower Staff" ring="" />
    <group display_name="Blacklist" ring="" />
    </root_group>
    <root_contact>
    <contact display_name="* Page Office *" office_number="8001" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="1" ring="" group_id_name="Tower Staff" default_photo="" is_favorate="0" />
    <contact display_name="* Park 100 *" office_number="SP0" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="1" ring="" group_id_name="Tower Staff" default_photo="" is_favorate="0" />
    <contact display_name="* Park 101 *" office_number="SP1" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="1" ring="" group_id_name="Tower Staff" default_photo="" is_favorate="0" />

</root_contact>

5. tunzer

where did you get the xml file format for the yealink - can u share a link
    thanks

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Tunzer, that is the format right there. Although they mention this as the Local Directory in the PDF - not a remote directory.
    http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/Yealink_SIP-T46G_IP_Phone_Administrator_Guide_V71_60.pdf

7. solutionsit

Give this a go.

This is not supported by 3cx but works for us

http://www.3cx.com/forums/post173874.html#p173874

8. daytrader

this bash script running as cron job works for me on debian.

environment:
    3CX 15.0.0
    Yealink T46G

--
    #!/bin/bash

cat << \EOF | sudo su postgres -c "psql -d database_single"
    COPY(
    SELECT
    XMLFOREST( xmlpb.entry as "DivinusIPPhoneDirectory" )
    FROM (
    SELECT
    XMLCONCAT (
    XMLELEMENT ( NAME "Title", 'Phonelist' ),
    XMLELEMENT ( NAME "Prompt", 'Prompt' ),
    XMLAGG (
    XMLELEMENT (
    NAME "DirectoryEntry",
    XMLELEMENT( Name "Name",
    case
    when pb.company != '' and pb.lastname != '' and pb.firstname != '' then pb.company || ' - ' || pb.lastname || ', ' || pb.firstname
    when pb.company != '' and pb.lastname != '' and pb.firstname = '' then pb.company || ' - ' || pb.lastname
    when pb.company != '' and pb.lastname = '' and pb.firstname = '' then pb.company
    when pb.company = '' and pb.lastname != '' and pb.firstname != '' then pb.lastname || ', ' || pb.firstname
    when pb.company = '' and pb.lastname != '' and pb.firstname = '' then pb.lastname
    end ),
    XMLELEMENT( Name "Telephone", pb.pv_an3 ),
    XMLELEMENT( Name "Telephone", pb.pv_an4 ),
    XMLELEMENT( Name "Telephone", pb.phonenumber ),
    XMLELEMENT( Name "Telephone", pb.pv_an1 ),
    XMLELEMENT( Name "Telephone", pb.pv_an2 )
    )
    )
    ) as entry
    FROM
    phonebook pb
    ) AS xmlpb
    ) TO '/tmp/yealink_phonebook.xml';
    EOF

mv /tmp/yealink_phonebook.xml /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/zvwu1l8hblapm/yealink_phonebook.xml
    chown phonesystem:phonesystem /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/zvwu1l8hblapm/yealink_phonebook.xml
    --

Nick Sandman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.