3CX Conference Call from Windows Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Stephanie, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie

When trying to make a conference call from the desktop application for 3CX v15, it is not working with outside phone numbers. I will receive the error "Call failed - redial". I have tried it with and without the 1 in front of the phone number, but it has not worked. Any ideas of what to try or look at to fix this issue?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Stephanie

Do you have an outbound rule matching the number you are trying to dial? Can you call the same number when not in a conference call?

3. Stephanie

I am able to dial this number (and all of the other outside number that I have tried) without any issues when not using the conference feature.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

So while you are in a call with person A you open a second line putting A on hold and call person B. Does that work?

5. Stephanie

It works from my desk phone. If I try to create a new conference on the softphone on my PC using the conference call option, that is when it does not call the outside numbers. I need to be able to have multiple outside numbers in one conference call.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Just tested on my mine and it works. Created a conference added numbers and called out. All calls went out without a problem.
    Try it the way i described above so we can see where the issue is. Call one number then put him on hold open a new line and call a second number. then press the conference button on both lines. Let us know if that works

7. Stephanie

It does work when i call 2 separate numbers on separate lines and then conference both lines.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Just noticed something while trying to replicate your issue, when creating a conference the From:Display name field is populated by the conference name. Your provider might not accept this and dropping the calls. To verify this we need to see a wireshark capture but run the following test to see if that works first
    Create a conference with 2 numbers and as conference subject use your main trunk number. Then start the call and let us know if that works

9. Stephanie

I entered the main trunk number as the subject line and the call out still failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.