Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Conference Call from Windows Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Stephanie, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie

When trying to make a conference call from the desktop application for 3CX v15, it is not working with outside phone numbers. I will receive the error "Call failed - redial". I have tried it with and without the 1 in front of the phone number, but it has not worked. Any ideas of what to try or look at to fix this issue?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Stephanie

Do you have an outbound rule matching the number you are trying to dial? Can you call the same number when not in a conference call?

3. Stephanie

I am able to dial this number (and all of the other outside number that I have tried) without any issues when not using the conference feature.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

So while you are in a call with person A you open a second line putting A on hold and call person B. Does that work?

5. Stephanie

It works from my desk phone. If I try to create a new conference on the softphone on my PC using the conference call option, that is when it does not call the outside numbers. I need to be able to have multiple outside numbers in one conference call.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Just tested on my mine and it works. Created a conference added numbers and called out. All calls went out without a problem.
    Try it the way i described above so we can see where the issue is. Call one number then put him on hold open a new line and call a second number. then press the conference button on both lines. Let us know if that works

7. Stephanie

It does work when i call 2 separate numbers on separate lines and then conference both lines.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Just noticed something while trying to replicate your issue, when creating a conference the From:Display name field is populated by the conference name. Your provider might not accept this and dropping the calls. To verify this we need to see a wireshark capture but run the following test to see if that works first
    Create a conference with 2 numbers and as conference subject use your main trunk number. Then start the call and let us know if that works

9. Stephanie

I entered the main trunk number as the subject line and the call out still failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.