• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX "Conference Place" 700**Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsukraw

Free User
Reaction score
So ran into a feature that I have not noticed before and am kind of unsure on how to use.
Have a customer with a Snom MP conference phone. Used the provisioning template and found that the conference button was programmed with 700**extension. You press the button you hear hold music and it shows in the 3CX app that your on a call with "Conference Place". Seems kind of cool.

Except i cant seem to figure out how do i get people into it?
I thought maybe the conference ID would have been the extension but that doesn't work...

Has anyone else seen this or ever realized they could dial 700**there extension number?

"700 being our conference extension, we are on 3 digit extensions adjust accordingly if trying it"

Hey Tucker,

There is a guide on our website to create a call conference.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/call-web-conferencing/

Basically, you create a conference through your IP phone or via 3CXPhone client.

You give the conference an ID number
Then people dial in to the 700 number and enter the conference ID (you will need to communicate this to them)

Yes i know how to created a conference im curious as to how the 700**extension number works as it is not mentioned anywhere.

Not sure if this is what you are asking but I took an unregistered, unprovisioned extension and made an inbound rule that forwards that extension to our conference extension. Since our normal extensions can be called directly from outside by dialing the number (xxx-xxx-EXT#), calls can be made from the outside that go to the conference extension.
I suppose this is rather confusing yet it was rather simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.